TicTac's Closet

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey Tic, they look good mate :D I have never Trimmed a plant before so I dont know for sure if it helps or hurts, but I know you shouldnt remove the branches because then the plant has to heal and doesnt grow. I would stick with just letting them grow, and I dont know what star trek is either?

Looking good over here Tic Tac! Keep those ladies happy and they'll give it back to ya!!!:rofl:

Thanks everyone,

My plants are getting quite tall, almost 3 weeks into flowering. I did some LST early on (home-made scrog type thing) but I knew they would outgrow that quickly so I freed them just before flowering. They are really pushing the limit of my vertical space (filling in width-wise, too) and I may have to start training them again. Any suggestions? Will they stop reaching up soon? should I lean them over and hold them down somehow?

Any suggestions are appreciated. Thanks.

three weeks into flowering you've probably gone up about as far as you're going to... A bit taller I'd suspect, but mostly outward growth as your nugs begin to plump up... You could just tie them down like you would during vegetative growth... I'd wait until they were dry and flimsy so that it'd be easier. Happy 4/20!

Some strains will slow to minor growth at 3 weeks but many will continue to grow quite a bit still.

Most plant will continue to grow past 3 weeks flowering. If you dont have much room just tie or bend them over gently. Topping them this late wouldnt do any good. Happy 4/20 mate :D

Thanks,

Yeah, I don't want to top them, the buds up there are gettin' beautiful. I just rearranged things and got about a foot of room left to grow. I'm hopin' they'll slow down enough to fit. If not, I'll have to do some training.

Hey Tic glad you found a way to squeeze in some extra room :aok: Im sure you will be thanked :D

Another foot should suffice bro! I'd not, training won't hurt any!:cool2: keep it up bro!

Thanks everybody,

I hope to know in a couple of days if that extra room will help enough. During this past week, the bud sites have really started taking off. I'll try to put pics up tomorrow, so you can see the 3 week mark. I guess the upward movement will slow as the lateral movement and bud development speed up, hopefully sooner than later.

hello tictac. plants look good bro.keep up the good work.

just my 2cents. i always trim up the bottom stems, small buds that wont be much. even thru flower. did it with my kali mist last grow and she gave me some fat colas. take care bro. if u want try it to just one plant and youll be able tell a lil what u like :)

take care

Thanks,

Hey Staffy, does trimming the lower branches slow dowqn the growth of the others while the plants heals? I think trying it on 1 plant is an excellent idea, that way I can see the difference. It will be relative since these are bagseed and I don't know which plant is which strain, but I could get an idea at least. I may try it... I might still get another 150w of light in there, so I won't do anything just yet.

hey tictac,
u know that is a great question and i bet alot of people have different view on the subject. but when i do it, i honestly can say i dont notice a difference. i think as long as u do it lil by lil, like i do. should be fine. but if u take bunches off, ya im sure it will slow down a lil but the plant will do both and more, heal and grow. i wont just put all its energy into just healing itself. and u know theres other reason to lollipop. lets air circulate better within the plant, bugs cant climb up the leaves. many other positive reason.
ya i can get a lil feel of things if u trim up one. infact. i just did a lil test with the two con cheese i got . the runt i started trimmin up the bottom deadish leaves to see if it will force energy upwards and to see if it will catch up in height with the other con cheese. and it did catch up a lil, just not width yet.

keep up the good work and remember, keep it simple.
TTYL bro

Hey everyone- Help!

My wife and I check on the ladies several times throughout the day, but this evening I saw a terrifying sight- severe droop on the bottom 2/3 of the tallest ladies. It happened within a relatively short period of time, a couple of hours. I think it was water stress- lack of water. I have them in 1 gal containers right now and I think I may need to repot them- what do you all think? I can't keep them from drying out every other day. I figure they might be root-bound in the containers, so repotting them should give them more soil to hold water and therefore more time between waterings. Any recommendations on size of container? They are 4-5ft tall now.

I also am wondering if many of the buds on lower branches will be ruined from this. Some large fan leaves were drooping directly onto forming buds. I'm hoping the water will perk them up and I can save the buds. I didn't take pics of the sad sight so you all could help me better, but I will take some of the aftermath so you can see what's happening. All of the top cola buds still look great, but there are a lot of buds I hope to save below.

I hope to hear any input you may have,

Woah if they are 4-5' then you really need to repot. Ive heard a good ratio is one gal for every foot of height or so. You need a major upgrade to at least 4 - 5 gal pots mate. and your correct about it needing a proper dry and wet cycle, more than just every other day. more space and soil should help lengthen them

I bet they have perked up by now and you are relieved. I think Moses is right, you need bigger pots.

They have perked up and I am relieved... thank you. Yeah, I am going to repot today. I'm going to move them into 5 gal buckets, just to make sure they have plenty of room, as well as buy me some buffer time on the waterings. There is only 1 bud that looks like a casualty from this incident. I'll post a pic in a bit, but it is a little brown where a drooping leaf was pressing on it for too long. After I take them out of the closet to repot (not looking forward to the work, just the result) I will get a really good look at everything and should be able to get some good pics too. Thanks everybody.

your ladies will enjoy the extra room to stretch their roots :aok:

Successfully repotted into 5gal buckets, everything is lookin' good. Pics are comin'. Said that before, but I'll try today. They've been flowering 28 days now, so it's a great time for pics anyway.

Hey everyone,

Here are some pics from 21 days flowering. This was before the small pot, low water problem.

IMG_0295.JPG

IMG_0303.JPG

Latest posts

Back