well that sucks

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Status
Not open for further replies.
trillions of atoms said:
wow...i almost missed this one!!! LOL

Who was it??

tell that douchebag to search my comp...he will find a big middle finger pointing straight at him !!LMAO

whoever it was....F U!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

v dog...dont listen to that **. thats a load of horse s***!!!

thanks! games on now! gonna try and unwind

I may be wrong but,.......For some reason I'm smellin' a degenerate dic under a new name.

If you only use your handle for this site and you do not permit emails and do not follow links off the site then the only way someone would be able to even locate your computer would be by getting your IP off the server database.
As far as i know MP is the only one with access to that.

I don't see how it is possible that someone would be able to do this and is more like they are messing with you.

With the amount of security i have on my computer and the re routing of my IP its nearly impossible get a hold of anything on mine.

Is your email account held online or do you download emails to your pc?

yes both, I cant believe it, someone actually hacked my computer?

cubby said:
I may be wrong but,.......For some reason I'm smellin' a degenerate dic under a new name.

call it what you must, Im sorry, this was only unwarranted behavior by another member

Jericho said:
If you only use your handle for this site and you do not permit emails and do not follow links off the site then the only way someone would be able to even locate your computer would be by getting your IP off the server database.

IP address is the addy to your net provider...not your comp....

well all I can say is that this person called me by name of email registration, said be frightened, and I explored your computer, I consider that a threat. Im thinking it was because they dont like me for some reason, maybe cause im a newberator

trillions of atoms said:
IP address is the addy to your net provider...not your comp....

Not as far as i know. Everyone i know has a unique IP address.

I use my IP to control my computer from work. Also use it to sort things on families when i don't feel like leaving the house.

Im good with computers but its only what i have learnt by my self. As far as i know each service provider allocates each client with a unique IP address depending if you have a static ip or dynamic.

Mine never changes nor does the ones for my family so its easy for me to connect to them. I have even done it to connect with computers overseas.

I think it would have gone differently if you would have posted the members name along with the accusation OR just contacted a mod. I know this feedback doesn't help you in your loss or the quick decision you made to tear down your grow... but it is what it is now. I can't help but think if one of OURS did this, you're not telling all the story or you've left out a detail as to why they would be coming after YOU.

OldHippieChick said:
I think it would have gone differently if you would have posted the members name along with the accusation OR just contacted a mod. I know this feedback doesn't help you in your loss or the quick decision you made to tear down your grow... but it is what it is now. I can't help but think if one of OURS did this, you're not telling all the story or you've left out a detail as to why they would be coming after YOU.

I contacted a moderator about it, shortly after it happenend by forwarding the pm, like 10 minutes after it happenend, it took that long because of shock. Im sorry that I dont agree with you about posting names, as I feel that is not my place, Im sorry our opinions differ. As I also had an issue with another member and we just couldnt agree on the treatment on new members, but we have decided to ignore each other and respect each others space, also out of respect for that individual I did not think it was my place to go broadcasting their name.

Yes there is more to this story, it seems it started with a thread I posted yesterday concerning more picture sharing, that is when the person seemed to take on a manner with me that seemed like they didnt care for my messages, so I tried to make nice with the person, or atleast I thought I did, we pm'ed a couple times without problems, and then whamo' a ton of bricks fell on my head! I also noticed some resentment in another thread that was directed towards me, and thats really about it. I realize your skeptical, and I would be to. Im so upset that I have to start over, but Im not going to, until I move, and get a cyber security system. I appreciate all of your input and Im glad we can agree to disagree without the madness!

thank you for your niceness and professionalism

vdog said:
I contacted a modertor about it fairly shortly after it happenend by forwarding the pm, like 10 minutes after it happenend, it took that long because of shock, yes there is more, it seems it started with a thread I posted yesterday concerning more picture sharing, that is when the person seemed to take on a manner with me that seemed like that didnt care for my messages, and I made nice with the person, or atleast I thought I did, we pm'ed a couple times without problems, and then whamo' a ton of bricks fell on my head! I alsos noticed some nastyness in another thread that was directed towards me, thats really about it, I realize your skeptical, and I would be to. Im so upset that I have to start over, but Im not going to, until I move and get a cyber security system.

Did you have contact with this person outside the forum? or follow any links they provided? or gave out any details?

no everything within the server of mp, no links, no communication outside of this website

IP address assignment

Internet Protocol addresses are assigned to a host either anew at the time of booting, or permanently by fixed configuration of its hardware or software. Persistent configuration is also known as using a static IP address. In contrast, in situations when the computer's IP address is assigned newly each time, this is known as using a dynamic IP address.
[edit]Methods
Static IP addresses are manually assigned to a computer by an administrator. The exact procedure varies according to platform. This contrasts with dynamic IP addresses, which are assigned either by the computer interface or host software itself, as in Zeroconf, or assigned by a server using Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP). Even though IP addresses assigned using DHCP may stay the same for long periods of time, they can generally change. In some cases, a network administrator may implement dynamically assigned static IP addresses. In this case, a DHCP server is used, but it is specifically configured to always assign the same IP address to a particular computer. This allows static IP addresses to be configured centrally, without having to specifically configure each computer on the network in a manual procedure.
In the absence or failure of static or stateful (DHCP) address configurations, an operating system may assign an IP address to a network interface using state-less auto-configuration methods, such as Zeroconf.
[edit]Uses of dynamic addressing
Dynamic IP addresses are most frequently assigned on LANs and broadband networks by Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP) servers. They are used because it avoids the administrative burden of assigning specific static addresses to each device on a network. It also allows many devices to share limited address space on a network if only some of them will be online at a particular time. In most current desktop operating systems, dynamic IP configuration is enabled by default so that a user does not need to manually enter any settings to connect to a network with a DHCP server. DHCP is not the only technology used to assign dynamic IP addresses. Dialup and some broadband networks use dynamic address features of the Point-to-Point Protocol.

Not a computer whiz by any means but i assumed the ip was given to the host for a LAN or other connection. a number which assigns not only one computer but many to certain providers.... depending on which numbers your ip is...states what provider you are running.....

Like i said im no comp whiz...

your lucky, those looked delicious, looks like gbay is the champs

look at that. you cooked steaks and didn't even call me.

LOL sorry slow....i been so tied up in the lab today i didnt even think about it. :(

can you tell i grill alot?? LOL

next time ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts

Back