Auto's just for seed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

HippyInEngland

Smoke Free Zone.
Reaction score
Hola guys :)

I'm fed up of buying Auto seeds so I'm going to have a go at making my own.

Never tried it before, so this is just for fun :)

I, like many, enjoy the Sativa effect, so I have 10 Auto AK47.

Lowlife Automatic AK47 Autoflowering BACK IN STOCK

Plus for something different I have also bought 10 Hindu Kush, Indica.

Lowlife Automatic Hindu Kush cannabis seeds

I only have the oppertunity to grow in a greenhouse so im an outside grower.

Here in the UK it is very difficult to get a Sativa to maturity because of the weather, so Auto's fit that niche.

As its still early in the year im only doing this for seed and not growing for quality or quantity, if I get a smokeable by product, then that is a bonus.

I decided to do this on the cheap so here is my set up ...

Picture 1 and 2 is a promo at Tesco superstore, 20lt of multi purpose compost for 99 pence.

Picture 3 is what it looks like wet and picture 4 is the run off PH.

The PH is easily manageable using white distilled vinegar.

I have been using white distilled vinegar as a PH down for years with no adverse effects.

The only thing about white distilled vinegar is it will break down if left for several days when added to water so dont think you can make a gallon or 2 of it and keep it, I make a fresh water/vinegar PH solution at every watering or feeding.

Picture 5 and 6 is a bag of cheap ornamental pebble/stone from Home base, £4 for 40 lt, what the hell im going to do with it all I have no idea :p

Picture 7 is the pebble/stone after it has been washed, pure white.

But its job is simply to add to the soil as an aid for drainage.

1.JPG

2.JPG

3.JPG

4.JPG

5.JPG

6.JPG

7.JPG

The first picture here is the group im going to use for seed, at the back are 3 Auto AK47 and the front are 2 Hindu Kush.

These are all growing at different speeds but are all the same age, 1 week old.

The second picture is just showing the biggest plant so far and the third picture is showing that I have filled the pots 3/4 full to allow for stretch at this time of year caused by lack of light.

When the stretch has kicked in fully I will fill the pots up to the top so more of the stem is buried, this keeps the plants squatter.

In theory ;)

8.JPG

9.JPG

10.JPG

Now for the interesting bit!

The first 3 pictures are the biggest AK47, it is 1 inch tall and it has trichomes on its leaves already at 1 week old.

The next 4 pictures are the smallest Hindu Kush, only just opened and trich on the leaves as well.

How odd!

Never seen it before on such young plants.

So there you go, this is my basic grow for seed set up.

I do not expect lavish plants, it is the wrong time of the year to grow Auto's outside, but the plan is to use these seeds (if I get any) to use later in the year :)

:peace:

11.JPG

11 a.JPG

11 b.JPG

11 c.JPG

11 d.JPG

11 e.JPG

11 f.JPG

Hello SL :)

How unusual to see you on an Auto thread ;)

I got fed up of paying £40 for 10 seeds so im giving it a go at making my own.

If it works, it works, if not, nothing lost and ive had fun trying :)

Growing is fun, some people take it too serious.

Trics after one week old...thats insane! I'm growing out my LR2 for seeds so we are in the same boat. I may even try to top or LST some of the ladies if I can or if they get tall enough.

HippyInEngland said:
If it works, it works, if not, nothing lost and ive had fun trying :)

Growing is fun, some people take it too serious.

aint that the truth...you will do just fine my friend..pulling up me crate to :watchplant: and :bong: thanks for shareing..and im new to this as well. do you have a room just for the breeding? how do you plant to grow them after pollenation...the reason I ask..is i may have not cleaned them well b4 entering into flower room..some of the plants next to one had a few seeds in the lower buds..think I failed to mist well enough..and remember if this works great..you will need to run a GJ on them for us..take care and be safe..:bolt::bong:

Hello 4u2 :)

I have 1 room, its the pic below :p

My plans ...

I have 5 plants growing, I hope I get a male from both strains, also a fem of each, if I do, I will let the males grow to the point of opening (easy to tell, you look at the bottom of the sack and when you see a swelling X shape, they are 2 days from shedding pollen)

At this stage the males will be removed and chopped, saving branches with fat pollen sacks.

Fat sacks give more, ask any woman.

I will take the branches and put them in an open zip bag with the opening left open so air will dry them and allow the pollen sacks to release, I will collect the pollen in the zippy and throw the dead branch away.

I am hoping to do this with both strains.

If I only get 1 male of either strain I will still use it to pollinate.

My aim is free auto seeds, if I have to cross them, so be it.

I grow only in a greenhouse, I have no ability to keep them apart.

I will keep the pollen in my house and the plants in the greenhouse.

I will take the fems out of the greenhouse and use a fine artist paint brush to 'paint' pollen onto the fems.

I will then leave the pollinated fems out under nature for 2 days in a corner of my garden as far away from the greenhouse as I can.

I will then wash the plants or let nature do it for me with rain (plents of that here ;))

The wash is to remove any residual pollen and kill it (once pollinated the plants are pollinated, you cannot wash it off)

I will then put the plants back in the greenhouse to do what nature tells it to do, produce seeds :)

I know the risks im taking and I also know not all pollen will be removed before the plants are greenhoused.

If my big girls get a few seeds, then I accept that.

This year I want to try something different than just growing, drying and smoking.

I want to make something I can call 'MY' babies that 'I' created.

Not just bought seeds.

Am I rambling?

:p

:peace: to everyone, this world is too vicious.

2 2 gh.JPG

Well Hippy, I'm impressed with your plans and your greenhouse setup. I hope you get a bunch of seeds for future generations. Yes, then you can call them "your babies". Keep us posted as they progress.

i hope this works out =) , , , btw if we mixed the hindu with ak47 and smoke it will the effect be the same as the new breed ;)

The AK47 is as pure a Sativa I could get my hands on and the Hindu Kush is almost pure Indica.

I do plan on crossing them to see what I get.

Im hoping the bigger growing AK is male, if its a female then I doubt the timing will be on my side to get it pollinated and have enough time for seeds to develop.

Looking good hippy. I lightly dusted up just the smaller side branches with a q-tip on one of my lr2s very early in flower and ended up with 86 seeds if that helps you out any.

Dillan said:
Looking good hippy. I lightly dusted up just the smaller side branches with a q-tip on one of my lr2s very early in flower and ended up with 86 seeds if that helps you out any.

:shocked: plenty there then lol

ooo i like how da tercs show soo fast.. my baby just shot up lol... good job ima keep poppin in.. new pix check mine out

pulling up a chair HIE for this i just found out one of the 4 AK-47 i have is a male and it is the biggest and best looking of them all so i plan on keeping him around to try the same thing your doing;)

12 days further down the line.

Slow growth, fully expected, these plants were planted knowing how slow it will be.

Pic 1 is how they have increased in 12 days.

Pic 2 showing sacks, plenty of them.

Pic 3 showing sacks closer up.

Most of these sacks are hanging down towards the floor, I was pleased it was exhibiting the same growth as last years male Lowryders.

I felt a nagging feeling, like something wasnt right, so I went inside to fetch my other camera that can take closer macro's.

Picture 4 and 5, its female Grrrr, i wanted a boy :rofl:

The buds in pic 4 and 5 are 1 mm across and with the naked eye would easily pass for male pollen sacks.

Pic 6 is the temp and RH the greenhouse is hitting at 3pm.

Pic 7, I started with 5 seeds and only 4 broke surface, so I simply put the 5th pot in a corner and left it, nothing happened so I presumed I had a bad seed.

I emptied the soil from the 5th pot and poked in it to see what had happened just out of curiosity.

I found the seedling curled over and over like a coiled spring, so I put it in a shot glass with a couple of tablespoons of soil and it seems to be responding and emerging, time will tell if it makes it.

I had the same thing happen with a batch of Deisel Ryders.

All my plans were on the first largest plant to be male, this has thrown a spanner in the works and im not sure if I will have time to get that one seeded.

15.JPG

14.JPG

12.JPG

17.JPG

18.JPG

13.JPG

16.JPG

Latest posts

Back