First EVER Grow - Prototype grow box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
haha Thanks Chef, I dont want to post pics yet of my little harvest, nothing good looking. There will be pics tomorrow IF I decide to chop the tops of the other plants.

I decided today was the beginning of the end for this grow. I completely harvested my smallest plant, everything usable is going into making a small batch of cannabutter. I also harvested the top of my biggest plant, the leaves at the top were dying so I harvested it to try and help the rest of the plant.

I am probably going to harvest the top of my last plant tomorrow (day 60) and let everything that is left go 10-15 more days to help the lower buds get bigger and riper.

I know its probably a few weeks early for me to start harvesting even the tops, but after all the problems Ive faced recently, I am ready use everything I have learned and start my summer grow.

First pic is of the whole box, showing you what Ive been doing and whats left :D

Second pic is of the nug from my biggest plant :aok:
it is currently hanging upside down in a dark dry room :D

Thanks

Moses

heres the pics sorry mates

the mouse and phone are to show size :D

f592.jpg

f591.jpg

Thanks Fruity Im still a little sad I had to start harvesting early. Things were going so well for so long, but alas nothing is perfect and it had to come to an end some time. I will be happy with anything I get from this grow, things could have gone ALOT worse. Im gonna let the nug dry for 2 days, check it, and put it in a jar when ready :D

Harvested the top of my best looking plant today. All the tops are now gone. The buds right below the top have almost doubled in size overnight :shocked: I guess they get all the attention now. Heres a pic of the top of my best plant, hopefully the rest of it will look even better in a week. Thanks

Moses

f601.jpg

Might not be what you were aiming for, but you have smoke and you grew it yourself, CONGRATS!!!!!!

Thanks Roddy, I am hoping I can use what I have learned and make my summer grow a lot better :aok:

sorry to hear u had to chop early mate. take the knowledge u made and use it next grow to kick arse.

Thanks Staffy, thats exactly what I plan on doing :aok: Im going to check the 'colas' tomorrow and see if the one that has been hanging for 48 hrs is ready for the jar, if not same thing the next day:D

The first 'cola' is ready for the jar :D The stem almost snapped when I bent it, so now it begins the long curing process. I am hoping it will start to smell more like 'bud' soon, it still has a very plant smell to it. It could also be because I didnt flush the plant before harvesting the tops, but I am now :aok: Does tiger bloom have a history of making your buds smell/taste chemically at all? Heres a pic of the Bell jar :hubba: Thanks

Moses

jar1.jpg

After over 48 hrs of darkness, the final harvest came on day 63. It has been an amazing experience, growing for the first time. I would have failed long ago if it wernt for all you nice folks on MP. There are a few people that went above and beyond, and you know who you are, and I just wish I could give a proper thank you to those people.

I will be beginning my summer grow as soon as I can get the few things I need to make this next grow even better :aok:

Heres some pics of my now drying box :D and the two 'colas' that are in jars now. Thanks for everything, hope to do this again real soon :p

Moses

harvest1.jpg

harvest2.jpg

Thanks TKR it was so surreal to sit there and harvest and trim my own cannabis plants :D I dont care too much about the weight, I dont sell its all personal, so numbers dont really matter, as long as there is enough :rofl: I am just hoping it smokes good

Bad luck but great luck to have your smoke ... From now on is only better. Always improving.

Thanks BHO It would have been alot worse if it wernt for yall! cant wait to start my summer grow :D

Hey Moses,

I think it counts over all as a successful grow. Are you using the same area for your summer grow?

Thanks Tic, I am hoping my grows only get better :D and yes I will be using my box again. I wish I could grow in a bigger space, or even outside, but I cant. I am still trying to decide whether or not to germ 3 or 4 for the summer, I am going to try alot more lst and Im going to top them, so maybe 3 will fill up my box?

--first smoke report--

besides the bud I quick dried (120F oven for 10 min) and let sit for a while when I took my first buds, I havnt smoked any of my grow. The bud I quick dried a few days ago was still extremly green, mostly 'wet', and smelled like a fresh plant. needless to say, the taste/smell was bad but the high was still there, very sativa.

Today I just smoked a bud I have let properly dry for 5 days now, and its getting alot better, but still not quite there yet. It smells almost like nothing, little bit like bud, but most of the plant smell is gone. the taste is a little harsh, but doesnt taste like plant anymore. and the high is even better, and still overwhelmingly sativa. It is what I call a 'creeper' in which you dont realize how high you are until almost 10 min after your hit, and then it comes on like a train. Its alot better than I expected :aok: Thanks for listening to my long rant

Moses

Congrats on the smoke. Each of your grows will get better and if they are like mine, you will learn more each grow. Seems the universe likes to teach is all the time, but that is a good thing.
Enjoy Moses.

Latest posts

Back