First EVER Grow - Prototype grow box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Sorry to hear about all your troubles. I hope your summer grow turns out better for you..Good Luck

Thanks Frankcos I know for sure I can get buds off 2 of my plants but the other 2 arnt looking that good, and I may end up just tossing them, which means ill be lucky to get half and oz off this whole grow. 4 months work for half an oz....Im just glad yall are here to help, I would have been done for a long time ago otherwise. and I am only going to grow 3 plants this summer, so it will be a little smaller and hopefully easier :D

most part of times to learn we have to do mistakes ... Controled ph, ecc ( or ppm ) are fundamentals ... been there done that :doh:

good luck mate ...

btw if you only going for 3 plants go for feminized ... otherwise is not worth it ... that was the motif that i have 14 plants. And honestly two spaces are a must ... just one space for veg and flower for a large weed consumer is a joke. Somethings you only start learning with time and experience.

Thanks bho. Im ready to do it again, this only makes me want to grow more, and learn about how and why the plants reacted the way they did :D

QUESTION - If I harvest just the top 'cola' on one of my plants, will the bottom buds still grow or will the plant die? the bottom buds will need more time than the tops, can I do that?

yes you can do that ... i think that rose did that on her trainweck. since i use the grow space to dry i cut all the plants @ the same time.

Thanks bho, I didnt want to do anything drastic. and I know the risk of only growing 3 plants if they arnt femanized, but its a risk I am willing to take I guess, unless I can find some extra money soon :D and I dont want to grow more than 3 because it is just too much a hassle in my small box. Thanks again mate :aok:

Moses

I don't know what to say, things were looking great for so long. I had a defiency that was either N or Mg and I fixed it with FF Grow Big. You mentioned that your veg fert was FF Big Bloom and that you could use it during every cycle. I hope you meant Grow Big, because Big Bloom (as I understand it) is designed for flowering. It is possible for deficiencies to show up after a long time because different plants use different amounts of nutes at different times, so it's hard to tell exactly what the strain's needs are. I think they still look pretty good, though. You have some big buds and some foliage left to support it, so I'm really pulling for you and your ladies. Lots of MOJO your way.

Hey Tic, I know I had em lookin good for so long. I think messing with the nute cycle and then the watering cycle, I really got em out of wack. I am ready for the next round though, so Im finishing these up a little earlier than I hoped.

hxxp://www.foxfarmfertilizer.com/soilfeed.pdf

big bloom can be used during all phases, but I stopped using it weeks ago, should I not have?

Moses, i don't know what all this neg talk is. I think for bag seed, without a timer and nute difficulties they look pretty darn good. They do look sativa dom. Did you see my ugly plant? OMG, it looked 100 times worse then yours. So.. breathe, it will be fine and better next time. Learning is hard but worth it.

Thanks Rosebud, I tried to keep em lookin good for as long as I could :D I didnt see your bad plant though, did it survive? I think Im going to just turn my whole smallest plant into cannabutter but the other plants are still good enough to smoke :aok: Im thinking about harvesting the tops of em at day 63(in 5 days) and let the rest of the plant go until day 77. Will they live that long after harvesting the tops?

They will live forever if you want to reveg. I wouldn't suggest that though. Do you have a scope or eye magnification so you can see the tricomes?You need to harvest by the tricomes, not the number of days.
If they are heavily sativa you won't want to harvest till after 70 days at the earliest... I think they are going to be ok.

Ya I dont have a scope. thats another thing I will be getting for my summer grow. I know they probably should go for longer, but they are 'looking' good enough, and I dont want to risk them getting totally ruined trying to push them 4 or 5 more weeks. A few weeks early shouldnt hurt, Ill just cut my losses and hope my summer grow can make up for it; I plan on doing better lst and im going to top them :D

I took my smallest/sickest plant out of the box to get a good look at it, and it is hardly producing buds at all. It would take weeks to actually get something worthwhile out of this plant, and it wont live that long so Im chopped it up this morning and all everything usable is going straight into makin cannabutter.

The top of one of the bigger plants was starting to look bad too, so I harvested the top, but the rest of the plant looks good enough to go another week. I plan on harvesting the tops of the other 2 plants within the week (the ones that actually look good) and let the rest go 2 more weeks. So I guess this will be a slow and steady harvest instead of all at once :aok: Ill post a pic of the first harvested nugs if they look good enough to be MP worthy Thanks

Moses

I quick dried part of the top I chopped after it hung for about 12 hrs. It is still green and doesnt quite smell right yet, but boy does it get you high. It has to be at least 80% sativa, it is totally a 'head' high, and makes you want to go enjoy things, not sit around. cant wait to try the other, better buds in a few weeks :D

Hell Yeah Moses! You got some good stuff coming out of your garden. Looking forward to hearing about the other buds. If it gets you high, then your gardening worked, right? Good job.

hey moses long time well about 10 day's hehe how are thing i just read through from where i left off have you got it sorted yet ? pics?

Sorry to see all the troubles you've had, my friend, there's always nest time! Truth be told, I don't know of many who succeed the first time out, I know my bagseed experiment went down in flames...

Take all you've learned and put it to work, my friend!

Thanks Tic, Fruity, and Roddy!!!!! This grow has been a great learning experience, and I know my summer grow will be even better. No pics yet, this nug isnt the best, but ill make sure ill take before and after pics of the rest :aok: Thanks

Moses

Latest posts

Back