First EVER Grow - Prototype grow box

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I am keeping a heater practically right on it while im home, but I dont feel comfortable keeping it on while im not there, and the temp goes down but it is only for like 5 of 24 hrs, and I keep my lights right on it so it keeps it a little warm

careful not to get it to hot. You just don't want it to feel cold thats all. any hotter and you could harm the seed.
Is it an electric heater? If yes the it will lower the humidity in the area allot so be careful of that as well. Seedlings love humidity.

Meant to say an electric fan heater. One that works like a hair dryer.

haha ya it is, I never thought about them getting too hot - I was too worried about them being too cold. I moved the heater a way a tad and hopefully it helps :D thanks!

so another seed popped last night with some root and I put it in soil :D No progress on the other seed

As of right now - 3 seeds in soil that have germed
and 5 seeds germing just incase
How long does it usually take for seeds to break soil?

I didnt even germ mine. I just sprinkled soil on the and sprayed it and they broke ground last night so they took 3 days to pop out the soil.

alright well 1 of mine is going on day 3, one is on day 2, and the other i just planted today. hopefully they will break soil by the end of the week

well 2 of my seeds in soil arnt doing anything
the other seeds root is growing and is almost 2" now
I added another seed that was germing to soil to help my odds

ooo ya very much so. not even that good of bud, I am just trying to perfect my method before I purchase good femanized seeds :D

Your honest Moses... not only bag seed but not very good bag seed. Your gonna do fine.

Hehe. At least its no loss of money then if they don't work first time then. Good luck

Hey Moses I thought Id pop in and recommend a heating pad when germinating. You could buy one at a grow shop or any pet shop in the reptile section. They work great for cloning too. You needd that warmth when germinating and cloning but you dont want that dry heat from a heater like Jericho said. Humidity levels are important.

I put my seeds in a wet paper towel, put the paper towel on a plate, put a plate ontop of the plate with a slight crack to allow a little oxygen in, just set the plate ontop of the heating pad and wait.

Lately I have been soaking my seeds in a glass of water for 12 before going to the paper towel.

Thanks everyone, :D I just want to make sure this all works out before I invest in good quality seeds.
Rosebud - haha there is no point in lying right?
Maine - I think a heating pad would be great - Im gonna look for one
I switched from usng a papertowel to just dropping in them in water and all of them have germed. I am getting small pots today to transfer them.
In total I have: 5 seeds in soil - 3 doing ok, 2 not ok and atleast 5 good germed seeds I am moving to small pots today. Hopefully something will sprout

How long are you leaving them in the water for before putting them in soil? This is exactly what i did when i started. Had a load of bag seed and just messed around with them until i got it right.

So far they have been in water a little over 24 hrs. Im not messing with them much, and they are just poppin. They will be in water maybe 48 hrs total when I transfer them to small pots. Their roots will be 1/2" long atleast

MosesPMG said:
So far they have been in water a little over 24 hrs. Im not messing with them much, and they are just poppin. They will be in water maybe 48 hrs total when I transfer them to small pots. Their roots will be 1/2" long atleast

I like to do it earlier than that. I usually just wait for them to crack and then straight to soil. That way i know the root is going to go in the right direction and they wont waste as much energy turning around.

Jericho said:
I like to do it earlier than that. I usually just wait for them to crack and then straight to soil. That way i know the root is going to go in the right direction and they wont waste as much energy turning around.

the root on one of my seeds is growing horizontally instead of down into the soil :confused2: I have very delicately tried to get it pointed down, but idk what it will do. It has been like that for almost 24 hrs

When the root 1st comes out of the seed it turns and heads towards the opposite side. It does this so it can then flip the seed out the soil and the leafs emerge for light.

If you leave it till the root is grown then its planted in the wrong direction it needs to use more energy that it might not have to head in the right direction to do the flip.

Dont know if that makes sense, Pretty baked and couldn't find a picture.

Latest posts

Back