Got three babies. Soil grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Looking good bro, and the sweat that you see on your leaves is normal. Dose it look like glitter kinda? Also what nutrients do you plan on using? Also your going to fry your plants if you don't lower your temps.. You want to be around 75... Maybe set up a couple fans..

I will add another fan, but I dont want my temps below 80deg. To much humidity here, I am floating at 53% and I am worried about mold and mildew. Especially when I start flowering. Maybe another fan and a dehumidifier...??

The guy I got my seeds from, is running a full HPS/MH lighting set up on 25 plants. He keeps his temps right at 100 deg, and 43% humidity...?? :confused2:
His setup is much more elaborate than mine, but he has awesome plants regardless.

Any feedback is welcome. This is my first indoor grow after all.:D

Here is some more data I found in a national grow mag. It confirms what I thought about to low of a temp on young plants.

Also high humidity...??

I am kinda hoping one of the gurus, will chime in sometime soon.:D

I guess I would like to know what is optimal temp and humidity for an indoor grow.

The ave. on my outdoor girls is 96deg. direct sun, and around 38% humidity.

growmag.jpg

growmag.1.jpg

Well 100 deg is a huge no no, unless you have a co2 injection... 75deg is the best temp you can keep your plants at. And 52% humidity is fine... If you want to lower your humidity try only watering when your lights first come on.

And you don't need to worry about high humidity while vegging... You have no bud to rot. Are you going to flower with a HPS?

Timmyjg6 said:
And you don't need to worry about high humidity while vegging... You have no bud to rot. Are you going to flower with a HPS?

But certain molds and mildew like humidity. 100 is a bit high IMO but I had days like that in the summer, I would try and get it down a bit. They look good, all the new growth is green. I learned outdoors too and let me tell you indoors is where you learn LOL. You'll be a pro in no time and like I said you will learn so much more indoors IMO.

Timmyjg6 said:

I understand about the bud rot, I was worried about the mildew. I got the temp down to 82deg and 49% humidity. I added another 14" fan( on low ), and some more venting. Its been steady since 5:47pm my time. 3 hours now. Yes, flowering under 600w HPS.

snuggles said:
But certain molds and mildew like humidity. 100 is a bit high IMO but I had days like that in the summer, I would try and get it down a bit. They look good, all the new growth is green. I learned outdoors too and let me tell you indoors is where you learn LOL. You'll be a pro in no time and like I said you will learn so much more indoors IMO.

Yeah, tell me about it.... This whole indoor scene is throwing me for a
loop.:eek: I have a good amount of plants outdoors, for the third year in a row and the temps are really high there. During summer, the av. temp is 96deg, and 38% humidity. They are in direct sunlight all day long too.

It seems like everything is different indoors though.:confused2: I am just going to keep reading, Thankfully theres a lot to learn here.;)

Thanks for looking in on my grow. i start indoors and then go out, this is my second grow. Making mistakes and learning is more like it, for me. i found the floresent lights kept the plants short and lots of nodes when i kept the light about two inches from my plants. tho that means lots of adjusting the lights as they grow. And i had that same kind of "sweat" on my plants, touched it and is smelled just like the plants. Also i put a big fan on low about three/four feet from the plants so the leaves just flutter, makes the stems nice and sturdy. Also, there is some info that says you can get more females by keeping the temps around 74-75, with seedlings and young plants. i tried to keep mine down there but the temps under the light were usually around 78. i got fifty percent females about. i enjoyed your journal, i will enjoy watching them grow, great that you named them. Oh, also, spider mites like humidity too.

:hairpull::hairpull: Well, I think I am losing one of the babies...

Looking them over right now, and the taller one of the three is starting to show. No way it could be flowering already. Unless I overstressed it. The lowriders dont even show this quick.....:confused2: It started life 18/6, and has since been moved up to 24's light.

I will keep and eye on it and get pics as soon as the camera will pick them up. Totally crappy news though. :cry:

Anyway, I will be looking for hairs and praying, but I think its gonna be a boy. The other two are fine and right on track.

I am picking up some clones(sour diesel) from a friend. I will start a separate journal for them.

You started the light cycle at 18/6 then switched to 24/0? It's best to just pick one and stick with it for the entire vegetative state, switching it could definitely stress your plants.

Yeah, thats what I am thinking.:eek: Hopefully I only loose the one plant.
I am going 12/12 on it tomorrow, hopefully its a girl. It is way to small to really do anything with. Even if it has a growth spurt during flower, It wont be over 15"s tall....:rolleyes:
The other two look like normal, or at least like each other. I will leave them in veg and watch. I got my ph back down where it should be, and I started them on the Humboldt Nutes/ Micro at 1/4 strength.

The new growth looks really deep green and healthy. The one thats starting to show sex looks the healthiest. But, its almost a full inch taller and another 1/2 inch wider. Typical male traits.:doh:

Anyway... Another update in a day or two.

Thanks for all the feedback, Growing indoors isnt what I thought it would be. The information and advice from all of you, is very much appreciated.;)

Typical mail traits, yea. From my past experience, the plants that grow fastest and tallest has been males, and the ones that grow slower and are generally smaller seem to be females for me. It's weird...

Your plants will love the nutes. When you say growing indoors isn't what you thought it would be... do you mean it's not as fun or something as you thought it might be? Or are you presented with things you never thought would occur?

Any new pics of the girls? :)

I mean, there is a lot more that goes into it. I have been growing big, for three years outdoors. Its fairly simple.

I have a 100 square foot plot right now.

I mix my soil over the winter months, get my seeds ready and plant in march.

Check on them occasionally and make sure they have water.

I start looking for males around the 9th-11th weeks. Its all fairly easy.

This indoor thing has me in a constant fuss. Check ph, Check temp, check light, make sure the fans cool.... There is a much greater learning curve growing indoors. My soil doesnt work indoors, the ph spikes... Theres just a lot more to know. Maybe the water is to blame. 6.7 off the tap...:confused2:

I guess I thought it would be similar to outdoor.:eek:

Its fun though, and they are three seconds from my computer if I want to go say hello.:D

I have my babies to play with and picking up some clones fri.

So, this is just the begining.;)

have u got a outdoor journal cali? yep its a big learing curve indoors iv been at it 2 yrs and still learnin..tryn outdoors this year for the first time..gl on everything

Sorry to hear but iv never seen such a young plant show sex in veg expec. a boy pre flower.. Do you have pics..?

Sara, no out door journal this grow... They are almost 3 1/2 feet tall, and my grow area is fairly recognizable to any one who might be local to me. I have had plants stolen in the past.

I am changing some stuff up next year though, So I will document everything.;)

Timmy, Me either man..... :confused2: I dont even think the lowryders show this soon.

But I can see them.

My cell phone wont zoom close enough, but the camera is charging. Pics soon.

Never mind on the delusional ranting. Its not showing yet...:eek: Just branching out.

Anyways, picked up some clones last night. Boy do they ever STINK...:D

My whole house smells like pot.

Dont have enough room where they currently are, so grow tent is coming.

Also, another sunleaves pioneer 4 and a sunleaves pioneer 8.

Waiting on the hps until I flower them.

Going to try and let my indica plants catch up to my new sativas.

Then flower all at once...??

The sativas have been in veg since they were planted.

2 sour diesels and 2 skunks..... :woohoo:

Pic1 is my girl... Becky.

Pic 2 is Lola.

Pic 3 is Stinky D

Pics 4/5 are my new skunk plants.

Becky.50.jpg

Sour diesel-Lola.1.jpg

Sour diesel-Stinky D.1.jpg

Skunk plant.1.jpg

Skunk plant.2.jpg

Amazing to show sex so early. i am sure you know what you are seeing. was thinking of you as i watched the news last night. hope you are not in the way of that blaze down there.
be safe...

Latest posts

Back