Got three babies. Soil grow.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Cali*Style

Aint trippin...
Reaction score
WEll, I got some seeds from a great friend of mine. He has been breeding for a while now, and he insisted I try some of his new plants....

I want to do this indoor, but in reality... They will probably end up outside with the rest.

I got 75 percent germ, 3 out of 4 seeds. 2 of them seem short and 1 of them I think will be male. Its almost a full inch taller then the other 2.:holysheep:

Pic 1 is 1 day in soil.

Pic 2 is 9 days in soil.

They are a custom mix, I dont know what to call them. I do know they have some color. My friend has a few ladies indoors and they range in color, from a bright green, to almost a scarlet red. His plants have some of the most intense color I have ever seen.

I will try and keep this updated as aften as possible.

Ask away with any questions you may have.

sprouting.jpg

9 days.jpg

A small update and a question.

Babies are looking good. Got the recipe for them as well.

Father was BC Purple x White Widow
Mother was Northern Lights x Custom cross.- Cali Orange Bud x Haze / Red diesle x Skunk 1.

They are showing a lot of purple around the outer leaf edges. :woohoo:

They are starting to glisten all ready...?? That might actually worry me, as they are only 10 days old. One of them is stretched really bad. I am moving my lights right down on top of them tonight, and they will still be enjoying the sunlight all day.

Now, the question.

At what time should trichs start showing? These are fiberouse looking with some crystal like trichs on the tops of the foliage...??

I would take some pics, but my camera wont zoom close enough to see them...

Thanks for any imput.

Cali*Style said:
WEll, I got some seeds from a great friend of mine. He has been breeding for a while now, and he insisted I try some of his new plants....

I want to do this indoor, but in reality... They will probably end up outside with the rest.

I got 75 percent germ, 3 out of 4 seeds. 2 of them seem short and 1 of them I think will be male. Its almost a full inch taller then the other 2.:holysheep:

Pic 1 is 1 day in soil.

Pic 2 is 9 days in soil.

They are a custom mix, I dont know what to call them. I do know they have some color. My friend has a few ladies indoors and they range in color, from a bright green, to almost a scarlet red. His plants have some of the most intense color I have ever seen.

I will try and keep this updated as aften as possible.

Ask away with any questions you may have.
looking good nice start 1st grow?

Yeah, first attempt at indoor. Went with soil, because I know what I have works. Might try a hydro system next. The guy I got my seeds from likes his Hydro set up a lot. We will see what kinda ladies I get from these three, maybe a big juicy mama plant for my next grow...??

Cali*Style said:
Yeah, first attempt at indoor. Went with soil, because I know what I have works. Might try a hydro system next. The guy I got my seeds from likes his Hydro set up a lot. We will see what kinda ladies I get from these three, maybe a big juicy mama plant for my next grow...??
well my friend so far looking wonderful i been around if you need help just ask here to help and good luck
:hubba: :hubba: :hubba:

Looks good so far. Definitely keep us posted on your progress. We will all be watching. Take care and be safe.

Some more pics, with names.;)

All the girls @ ten days.

Pic 2 is Becky.

Pic 3 is Joanna.

Pic 4 is Samantha.

***Edit, thinking about it... The growth rate on these girls, is pretty impressive.

@ 10 days.jpg

Becky @ 10 days.jpg

Joanna @ 10 days.jpg

Samantha @ 10 days.jpg

Looking nice so far. What size pot are they in?

You most likely won't see any trichs until they're at least a couple weeks into flower.

They are in a half gallon until they get there 4th set. They should have substantial root systems by then, and I will transplant them into 5 gallon buckets.

Agreed on the trichs also... I usually get trichs around my 3rd - 5th week of flower. I thought maybe keeping these indoors might affect that. The little bit of knowledge I have is based on out door plants.
But, these three look a lot different than any plants I have done. They look like they are sweating in the light. I am not talking about the baby fuzz either... They actually look like they have small beads of sweat on the tops of the leaves. They are showing color as well. Most of my plants dont show color until they start to show sex....?? These three have very distinct color around the outer leaf edges. I am running them @ 18-6. Tubes at night and sun during the day. I will keep snapping pictures and we will have to see where they go.

I am pretty happy with what they are doing now though.

Patience is a virtue I do not posses....:eek: I am finding it hard not to micro tend my girls. Out there looking at them every 20 minutes. Slight rotation here, slight rotation there...

They are plugging right along though, third set is coming through as wee speak.

Well every body, I am off to play with the girls some more.....:D

Thinking I might transplant them today or tomorrow.... Hmmm

Well, I did it. Ran down to the local hydro store and bought a bag of Fox Farms soil.:D Figured since I have been preaching it up so highly, I may as well use it for my grow. Also bought a small bottle of Humboldt Nutrients "Micro"
( 5-0-1 ).

Re potted them into individual 1 gallon containers. And I snapped a few more pics.

I will let the suspense build for a while before my next update.:D

Transplant2.jpg

Transplant.jpg

Becky.jpg

Joanna.jpg

Samantha.jpg

Great stuff man.... I'm the same way too constently checking, misting every now and then, rotate... That shows you care and it will show in the buds too!! Just watch yourself about how anxious you get...no fertilizer for awhile, no root stimulator, no pinch or topping. Its tricky, you can smother something to death with love. Days you just have to live your life and let your plants grow are the best. Keep going man...I'm just two weeks into my flowering period. :watchplant:

Nothing overly exciting with the babies... They are just plugging along.

I think they like there new grow light though.:woohoo:

Sunleaves pioneer 4, 6500k, t5. It was a present from mama yesterday. Hung it up, and lost the cfl's. They just werent cutting it. This thing is heavy though, Talk about light output. ;) I am stoked on it, because it doesnt get hot at all. If I forget the babies for a few days, I wouldnt worry about them making contact with it. Not that my babies go more than an hour with out supervision.... LOL

I really need to go and check the other girls though....:eek: I have to admit, I never made it out to check on them last week.:hitchair:

good stuff cali style thx for checking my journal and i will definetly keep my eye on yours! you're plants look pretty promising and the T5 flouro's are great. as a matter of fact im getting one too! within about 5 days u should expect the stems of those babies to start hardening already! just make sure there's a little breeze (just a little) on the stems to strenthin it . good luck

wont be long cali it just seems like yesterday i had seedling too now im smokin them lmao..good luck i will be follow'n..

A few more pics.

The last picture, I had to turn the brightness all the way down on the camera. Its so bright that it just blurs the screen.
Its overcast today, so no pics.... But they are coming out for water tomorrow, So I will snap some more pics at that time.

Temp is floating @ 100.1 deg and 53% humidity. I have a small fan to move the air around a bit... Other than that, just letting them do there thing.

***EDIT***
Sun came out after all. brought the babies out to check on them and they were dry 2"s down. Gave them some water. I added a 1/4 strength shot of Humboldt Micro.

Had some ph issues with the old soil, can totally see the difference between the foliage. They are looking happy and healthy right now though.

light.2.jpg

light.jpg

light.25.jpg

Becky.1.jpg

Joanna.1.jpg

Samantha.1.jpg

The ladies in the sun.jpg

Latest posts

Back