Let's try it again. Hopefully Life wont get in the way again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
looking good bro, i like the tie job on subject number 3:hubba: ... and that your room is cleaner than mine, oh, and much,much bigger. how big is that room? in just the past few days theres alot of new growth. very nice CG, very nice...:D

Well, I am still waiting for the second HPS light to get here, but they will be going into flower pretty soon....

The room is about 5'x6'. plenty of room to get in there and move around ).

Small update, no pics this one... Pics to come Thurs.

Well I found out one thing not to do.... Send the wife to the hydro store to pick up a couple things..... She has decided to have me grow a couple tomatoes in the grow room heh.... that is gonna cut down on size i planned to veg. So, my new light is scheduled for delivery on Wednesday, so that will be when the ladies get thrown into flower, I am gonna do a full water change and tie a 3rd time if I can this early..... I will continue the LST through the stretch and see if they reach around the bucket.... the foilage growth so far has been amazing and I am thoroughly pleased with the DWC so far.

In the cloning and mother department, I took 7 good clones out of the cloner and put them into 16 oz cups with .... dont throw things at me, it is only temporary for a couple days..... Miracle Grow moisture control soil.... I plan on taking a hike with them thursday also and getting them in the woods.... I am gonna be a busy boy. I also refilled the cloner, I put 6 cuts in from the mother in the back that was not structured very well and filled the other 7 slots with cuttings from Big Mama..... so in a couple weeks I should be able take several more out to the woods...... I will probably establish a new mother or 2 in this batch of cuttings also.

Til Thursday... Take it easy..

Well we got some action in the indoor garden today. I finally got my new Floralux 400 watt HPS lamp from HTG. I have to say, I am REALLY impressed with this purchase. The quality of the reflector is GREAT!!!!. I am actually thinking of buying another one to replace my first lamp and keep that one for a backup. Best light system I have seen for 94 bucks, 117 total including shipping.

Anyway, back to the growroom. Well today I changed the water in all 12 buckets. I am using a mix of FF Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Big Bloom and Liquid Karma for flowering.... Total PPMs is set at about 1100 in each bucket with a tap water base of 170ish.... about 700 PPMs are harsh nutes and the rest is the Liquid Karma and Big Bloom. So it looks like all is GTG.... grow me dem buds ladies ) hehehe

I have also done some more tying today and have picked a few branches for colas and have started to isolate them. I have also trimmed some of the smaller brances and popcorn sites so the plant can throw more energy into the colas rather than all the lil stuff. I did this on all the first 6 plants on the left.

On the right side I have basically tightened up the first tie and added the second tie to start around the bucket today. I am not sure but I think the ones on the right got stunted for a lil bit.. slow growth.. I might have nute locked them a lil, but they have started to show new growth so they should be OK. I have changed their water to the same rates as I did the ones above.

The PH in all the buckets is 5.6 - 5.8 and water temps once they equalize should be right around 70 ish.... if it does not come up to that I will get some milk crates and set the buckets on them so they dont touch the floor. I have set the water level just to the bottom of the net pots.... the plants have extended their roots nicely also.

OH and in the pics you can see the wife's tomatoes.. bleh bleh bleh.. they doing OK too heh...

Ganja 001.jpg

Ganja 002.jpg

Ganja 003.jpg

Ganja 004.jpg

Ganja 005.jpg

Ganja 006.jpg

Ganja 007.jpg

Ganja 008.jpg

Ganja 009.jpg

Ganja 010.jpg

Yea, the tomatoes, will keep her happy, IF I can get them to grow inside LOL..... usually i just throw them in the ground outside add a few ferts and water when needed and I usually have fruits before the 4th of July.... I doubt I will get there that early just starting now, but should be a challenge )

CasualGrower said:
Hey snuggles, the buckets you got from Home De-Pot..... are they the orange ones? the HD's in my area only had those, I went all over town looking for darker buckets and the only place that had them were Worm's Way and I refuse to pay that much for a bucket heh... I am curious if they let too much light in to the root zone or if you have had any algae problems.... I am hoping it blocks enough, but if not I will wrap them in black poly.

Sorry for the delay LOL, not that it matters now but yes I used the orange buckets abd they did good by me.

Well we got some action in the indoor garden today. I finally got my new Floralux 400 watt HPS lamp from HTG. I have to say, I am REALLY impressed with this purchase. The quality of the reflector is GREAT!!!!. I am actually thinking of buying another one to replace my first lamp and keep that one for a backup. Best light system I have seen for 94 bucks, 117 total including shipping.

I'm glad you posted about the lights... I'm thinking of getting some 400s instead of the huge electric bill from the 1000s....
Also, I just wanted you to know I am sorry about your mother. I lost my mother two and a half years ago and I miss her so much. I dream about her sometimes and it is awesome. It is like she is right here with me. Just a wonderful feeling. I feel she comes to comfort me when I am feeling down. Some people think that's a little crazy, but not me. I can feel her love always.
Be strong and enjoy every day.
God Bless you and yours.

Things are looking good so far my friend. Nice work. I say get another one. They are fantastic lights. Two 400 watts will allow you to distribute the light more efficiently than one 1000 watter, I think. Just my thoughts. Anyways, things look great. Nice work once again. Keep us posted. Take care and be safe.

Yea Smokeybear. I think i am gonna get another of the floralux's.... I like their reflector a LOT better than the first 400 I got from HTG, and this one was about 20 bones cheaper than the first one too..... Only downfall on it I see is that if you have concerns about heat. The ballast is connected to the reflector on this set up, so it is not for all applications, but the reflector also has poanels you can remove for vent hoses.... one on the top and one at the far side of the bulb for use with maybe a cool tube..... but in my basement where it stays nice and cool, it should be just fine. I actually have to worry about it being too cool for the buckets to sit on the floor.... I am gonna have to start temping the water regularly and if it doesn't come up to where I want it.... I will have to get some milk crates to get the buckets off the floor.

OK Ladies and Gentlemen.... It's been a week since my last update. I have not done anything in the garden this week except let the ladies do their thing..... I might do a lil more tying in the next week to separate the Cola branches to the point where I want them.

I think the pictures will speak for themselves, compare them with last weeks pic and there is a HUGE difference... I got a couple close-ups of lil nugs starting )... and only a week into it..... I LOVE MATURE CLONES!!!!

Also the tomatoes have started to take off and grow....

One other thing... I added a new fan, now I dont have to go in there every day and urn the fan from side to side..... This one will oscillate the whole room and not just half.

Ganja 011.jpg

Ganja 012.jpg

Ganja 013.jpg

Ganja 014.jpg

Ganja 015.jpg

Ganja 016.jpg

Ganja 017.jpg

Ganja 018.jpg

Ganja 019.jpg

HAHAHAH I think you might be right.... I just surfed their site. I think they might have sent me the wrong light LOL..... I always order from the specials page and now that I looked there, They have the Florasun for 95 bucks.... but they sent me the Floralux LOL...

I try to trim nice an early during LST so once they heal They are good to go...Very lil trimming if any at all from here on out.

Nope the Tomatoes are just in a couple square buckets I had laying around here... Cat litter buckets from Sam's LOL... Pet Pride Scoopable Cat Litter LOL... But I am thinking I might get a few of those Farm Kits, I think HTG sells them, Basically they turn any DWC bucket into a water farm system. Those kits run like 15 bucks each. I will try to find a link for them.

Nope, it wasn't HTG... Discount Hydro sells them.... scroll down the page on this link.

http://www.discount-hydro.com/productdisp.php?pid=34&navid=4

TY Ann, yea they seem to be happy hidden away in the basement ).

Hey Everyone,

It's Update time again. Well the ladies seem to be doing very well, I brought the water levels back up in the buckets since the root growth has gone soo well... I brought PPMs to a 1000 total, mixed with my high PPM tap water is about the right level. And the PH in all the buckets is 5.5 - 5.8. On PH... WOW!!!! Advanced Nutrients PH down is some potent stuff..... just a drop will do ya. Much stronger than GH PH down.

The girls on the left I tied a little more on and I think I am gonna leave the girls on the right alone for the restof the grow.... see how the yields will be different.

Oh and one of the Tomato plants are blooming... My wife is happy.... I dont think you can burn up a tomato plant in a Hydro system LOL... I am running 1600- 2000 PPM in their buckets with Cal-Mag/Grow/and Bloom nutes heh... They like it though.

I think I got some pretty nice close ups of a couple of mah lil nugs.. aint they purty :hubba:

On a sad note today:... I killed my Mother plant that was the progenitor of all these ladies....She was just too darn big to keep in the nursery. She lived a long and healthy life being the only plant to survive the neglect they got while my mother was sick. But I did get 2 GREAT looking clones with great root growth out of the cloner to replace her with and took another 13 from there and put into Solo cups to get used to soil... They will be moved outside in about a week or so. From Mother I took another 15 Great cuttings for the Cloner, they will be to refill the buckets once this grow is complete. and I tried another 6 clones from her using rooting hormone and soil..../shrug, I have never done it before so I thought I would try. Heh, she was soo big I coulda taken another 15 healthy cuts from her easily.

Ganja 005.jpg

Ganja 006.jpg

Ganja 009.jpg

Ganja 010.jpg

Ganja 011.jpg

Ganja 012.jpg

Ganja 013.jpg

Ganja 014.jpg

Ganja 015.jpg

Ganja 016.jpg

End of the third week of flowering.... Ladies are starting to gain a lil weight it looks like. Also it looks as though they are starting to frost up a lil bit... all in all, looking GREAT!!!..

The Tomatoes are throwing more blooms also.

I threw in a few pics of the nursery and the Replacement mother plants.... A bunch of plants in cups waiting for me to get some time to take them out to the farm... and a couple pics of the next crop to go into the bloom room. They will be ready to go into Vegging in the next week. This will give them a good heavy month to VEg before and should increase yields immensly. The pics of the roots show their growth after 7 days in the home made bubble-cloner. I do NOT have the stems submerged this time to see if there is a big difference and it does look better keeping it more Aero.

Oh the extra 6 cutting i took and trying to clone in soil for a lil experiment...... I think 5 will totally die, 1 might live, so I will not waste my time trying that again....

Questions or suggestions welcome 8)

Thanks for checking out my lil grow.

Ganja 001.jpg

Ganja 002.jpg

Ganja 003.jpg

Ganja 004.jpg

Ganja 005.jpg

Ganja 006.jpg

Ganja 008.jpg

Ganja 009.jpg

Ganja 010.jpg

Ganja 011.jpg