Let's try it again. Hopefully Life wont get in the way again.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Thank ya Guys... 3 weeks into flowering and they are looking great I think... I think i like topping and making 2 or maybe even 4 center colas may be better than the LST ring around the bucket on the left 6 I am doing...... Not sure the plants have the power throw up all those brances from being laid over on it's side........ I mean it is kewl.. but volume I think will not be tops.... I will top and supercrop the entire next set of clones to experiment.

Well I thought I would do a small update early this week cause I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help with this small problem that I also had in the last grow..... Just under 4 weeks into blooming and Trichrome production has started.... But I am also getting some pretty concerning browning and yellowing of the fan leaves...

I did not get too concerned about it the last grow, but I see many people here growing and their foilage looks healthy up till harvest....

If anyone has any ideas or just to lay my concerns to rest, please post.

Here are some pics, I actually got a couple decent ones showing trichs.... Learning to use your camera is a good thing.

I did not take PPM measurements or PH readings today... no time before I have to go to work tonite...... I have a full water change and renutine scheduled for wed or thurs anyway.

Ganja 001.jpg

Ganja 008.jpg

Ganja 009.jpg

Ganja 010.jpg

Ganja 011.jpg

Ganja 012.jpg

Ganja 013.jpg

Ganja 014.jpg

CasualGrower said:
Well I thought I would do a small update early this week cause I was wondering if anyone out there might be able to help with this small problem that I also had in the last grow..... Just under 4 weeks into blooming and Trichrome production has started.... But I am also getting some pretty concerning browning and yellowing of the fan leaves...

I did not get too concerned about it the last grow, but I see many people here growing and their foilage looks healthy up till harvest....

If anyone has any ideas or just to lay my concerns to rest, please post.

Here are some pics, I actually got a couple decent ones showing trichs.... Learning to use your camera is a good thing.

I did not take PPM measurements or PH readings today... no time before I have to go to work tonite...... I have a full water change and renutine scheduled for wed or thurs anyway.

I have read that indicas like yours sometimes have a magnesium def right around 3-4 weeks into flowering, a transition thing. perhaps a bit of epson salt right away with your next res change?? it wont hurt and might help. What did you do last time?? also, it could be due to salt build up? :hubba:

Would Botanicare Cal/Mag help.... I have that on hand for the tomatoes anyway.... maybe a lil shot of that.

Last time I just sorta let it go, but I think it hurt my yields, would like to try and solve problem this time around.

CasualGrower said:
Would Botanicare Cal/Mag help.... I have that on hand for the tomatoes anyway.... maybe a lil shot of that.

Last time I just sorta let it go, but I think it hurt my yields, would like to try and solve problem this time around.

try the cal mag, but go slow, i dont know what it is going to do to the nute balance.:hubba:

The kids on the right seem to be moving along faster into this nute thing than those on the left..... maybe cause they are under the newer light../shrug.

When I get home wednesday I will do my rex changes and on 5 of those on the right I will add 1/2 oz Calmag to the 4 gallons of water in the resevoirs..... on the 6th one I will add a full ounce and see what kind of difference there is.

I will probably go ahead and add 1/2 oz to the 6 buckets on the left to try and stave off the problem on that side.....

Unless someone comes in here yelling not too heh..
This seems to happen just as Trich production starts.

hi casual looking great man but just the one question...

how do you get the tomatoes to light up when you roll them into a joint dude as i can never light them

jesting dude great looking plants btw.

pkj

Well the wife is really happy now about growing tomatoes now that you cant buy them at the stores heh. No salmonella in my basement hehhee...

As for smoking them, you have to dry them for a LONG!!! time )

There is a big Salmonella outbreak in the US with Raw tomatoes..... all the stores and restaurants are not selling them at the moment...

Seems as a major supplier out there bought a load of infected fertilizer, problem is they dont know which supplier it was yet heh.

CasualGrower said:
There is a big Salmonella outbreak in the US with Raw tomatoes..... all the stores and restaurants are not selling them at the moment...

Seems as a major supplier out there bought a load of infected fertilizer, problem is they dont know which supplier it was yet heh.

just put a couple tomatoe plants in with your pot plants. bet they would be some good tomatoes, eh:hubba:

Good thing I put two in there a month ago.... they are starting to bloom good now. be a while for fruit though.

OK, time for that small update... Not gonna post pics today since I did that just 2 days ago.

Today I did a Full water change in all 12 buckets. I brought the water level up to about 3 inches from the top of the bucket. In that amount of water I added 1 OZ of Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, and a 1/2 oz of Big Bloom, Botanicare Liquid Karma, and Botanicare CalMag (to fight the Cal deficiency I think I have goin on)... If the CalMag starts fixing the problem I might add another 1/2 oz within the week.

My Tap water today was reading 155 PPM and with those additives it brought the solution up to about 850ish in each bucket and only about 500 of that is harsh nutes.... The rest is just the additives...And the best thing is after adding that combination to the buckets today, They PH'd at a steady 5.6.... Can't ask for any better than that :hubba: .

The tomatoes also underwent a water change..... I put 2 oz of Tiger in them... a full oz of calmag and a 1/2 oz of Liquid Karma. I am hoping that fruit will start to form next week or so.

The Nursery is also undergoing some changes this week. Taking the clones out of the cloner and putting them in their net pots and setting them in Veg mode for the next 5 weeks or so.... till the crop in bloom is done anyway. Gonna bring the water up to the bottom of the cups till the roots startr to protrude and then I will actively make them chase the water aeroponically.
Both the new mother plants are now growing vigorously and should be more than ready to cut when the third batch will be needed to start being cloned.

Nutrient Note: From now on I think I am gonna return to using the Botanicare Pro Blend Nutrients for veg and bloom. The Fox Farms did well, but what I heard was sorta true and it looks like there may be many more solids in their product and in hydro that is not really a good thing.... I think i will still use Big Bloom in the same ratio as i use Liquid karma.... It can only help I guess and if I see improvement in the plants with the Calmag, I will start all my ladies on a lil shot of that when starting blooming.

NOTE for NEW GROWERS: OMG!!! Stop measuring your nutrients in a measuring cup or by guess or by the add and test and repeat method heh...... Get yourself a few Marinade Injector needle and syringes.... It makes measuring Nutes so much easier, especially if you use several independent resevoirs.

CasualGrower said:
OK, time for that small update... Not gonna post pics today since I did that just 2 days ago.

Today I did a Full water change in all 12 buckets. I brought the water level up to about 3 inches from the top of the bucket. In that amount of water I added 1 OZ of Fox Farms Tiger Bloom, and a 1/2 oz of Big Bloom, Botanicare Liquid Karma, and Botanicare CalMag (to fight the Cal deficiency I think I have goin on)... If the CalMag starts fixing the problem I might add another 1/2 oz within the week.

My Tap water today was reading 155 PPM and with those additives it brought the solution up to about 850ish in each bucket and only about 500 of that is harsh nutes.... The rest is just the additives...And the best thing is after adding that combination to the buckets today, They PH'd at a steady 5.6.... Can't ask for any better than that :hubba: .

The tomatoes also underwent a water change..... I put 2 oz of Tiger in them... a full oz of calmag and a 1/2 oz of Liquid Karma. I am hoping that fruit will start to form next week or so.

The Nursery is also undergoing some changes this week. Taking the clones out of the cloner and putting them in their net pots and setting them in Veg mode for the next 5 weeks or so.... till the crop in bloom is done anyway. Gonna bring the water up to the bottom of the cups till the roots startr to protrude and then I will actively make them chase the water aeroponically.
Both the new mother plants are now growing vigorously and should be more than ready to cut when the third batch will be needed to start being cloned.

Nutrient Note: From now on I think I am gonna return to using the Botanicare Pro Blend Nutrients for veg and bloom. The Fox Farms did well, but what I heard was sorta true and it looks like there may be many more solids in their product and in hydro that is not really a good thing.... I think i will still use Big Bloom in the same ratio as i use Liquid karma.... It can only help I guess and if I see improvement in the plants with the Calmag, I will start all my ladies on a lil shot of that when starting blooming.

NOTE for NEW GROWERS: OMG!!! Stop measuring your nutrients in a measuring cup or by guess or by the add and test and repeat method heh...... Get yourself a few Marinade Injector needle and syringes.... It makes measuring Nutes so much easier, especially if you use several independent resevoirs.

I think I learned the hard way too with the Fox farm. I like pure blend but it is SPENDY...... WOO HOO. I like Gen hydro. I hear GREAT things bout advanced nutes but I have never used them. I REALLY liked a lesser known product called Supernatural. It was the best I ever used but I cant find it locally anymore. Also USE SUPERTHRIVE with every other water. I love the stuff!!!!!

Stunzeed..

I have seen superthrive at the store, but I have been hesitant about trying it, I have seen people here rave about it here and I have also seen them rant over it.../shrug, I will prolly try it one day. :)

Well another lil update today. There is about 4-5 weeks left on the ladies down in the blooming room, and the clones have rooted VERY well so now is the time to get them out of the cloner and into Vegging.

For Vegging I am using 2 resevoirs with 6 pots in each res. Of the 15 cuttings I took, 14 have rooted, and rooted VERY well.... So I will double up 2 of the pots, I just cant throw good clones away heh.

Resevoirs are approximately 10 gallons each. Base line tap water PPM today is around 200 , In each i am putting 2 OZ of Botanicare Pro Blend Grow, 1/2 oz of Botanicare Liquid Karma and 1/2 oz of Botanicare Cal/Mag... ( not sure if Cal/Mag will help right now... but we will see). this mix brings the PPM up to 550ish total... lil on the light side, but it is OK to start off lite. Once they take off and start growing, I will add some more Grow to them.

For lighting I am using 2 4 ft floro shop lights with 2-40 watt bulbs each. the bulbs are a Kit/bath (3100 kelvin) and a (6500 Kelvin) Daylight bulb in each. I will be adding a 3rd 80 watt light later today. For supplemental light, if I see a shaded spot I am using Clamp lights with reflectors with CFL daylight bulbs.

Below are Pics in different stages in the big move.

PS: The Cal mag seems to have had a possitive result in the blooming room.... The leaves on the plants that were most affected seems to have stopped browning for the moment, and the green parts of the leaves have turned back up towards the light to collect that all important energy. Bloom update and pics of their to come on Thursday... End of week 5.

Pic 1 : some of those roots are 1ft long... I LOVE my lil Home made cloner )
Pic 2: First 6 pots done
Pic 3: The bigger of the 2 new mother plants I am establishing
Pic 4: The second mother plant.. Took abou a week for her to start growing after going in the bucket.
Pic 5: Look... a hot Tub... oooo Bubbles...
Pic 6: Lil better look at Resevoir
Pic 7: Look at the lil Ladies before putting in the Hydroton.
Pic 8: ALL DONE!!!! Aint they purty!

DSCN0396.JPG

DSCN0397.JPG

DSCN0398.JPG

DSCN0399.JPG

DSCN0400.JPG

DSCN0401.JPG

DSCN0402.JPG

DSCN0403.JPG

Whats up CG. May i say everything is looking great. :aok: Nice roots on those clones that's for sure. :hubba:

Thank ya TBG, Yea, this time I rooted more areoponically rather than submerged.... 2 airstones was enough but I think i will add another 2 more this next time since my new airpump I bought when putting the mothers in the buckets has 4 outlets.... I moved the smaller pump over to the mothers and the larger one to the clones.... 2 stones in each rez... Next set of cuttings I will just move the 2 stones in one rez over to the cloner. :hubba:

Latest posts

Back