Mentalpatient's Box Grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
imager777 said:
Your bush is going to be huge... like Macy Gray's.
That's for damn sure. She's starting to get noticably bigger each day.

Here's some pics of my young ones. One is a jamaican skunk strain, and the other two plants are a Big Juciy Fruity strain of some sort.

19-05-08_1449.jpg

19-05-08_1450.jpg

19-05-08_1451.jpg

Update May 20/08 (Day 14 of 12/12 Cycle)

So she's starting to transform... Thought I'd take some beginning pics to compare with in a few days. The pics are a little blurry... Enjoy!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

Update May 21/08

Clones are looking dandy. I'm just letting them grow some goots under the 18 watter. There is new growth, although small growth. Very small leaves and such. Clones in the dome are doing pretty good considered how cold the temperatures have been. Transplanted a few from the dome today, the cubes were friggen freezing and they still grew their roots, very nice indeed!

Built a new box. Possibly for transplanted clones to grow bigger root mass before outdoors or elsewhere, or just to grow a couple nice sized plants and flower them in there.

Also, I can't find the plants I planted out in the woods. Seems I camo'd them a little too much! I'll just wait untill they grow up a bit, then I'm sure I'd be able to recognize at least one.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

All the ladies are looking fantastic. Very nice work on the box. I'm sure it will come in handy. Keep us posted. I will be following along my friend. Take care and be safe.

Update May 22/08 (Day 16 of the 12/12 Cycle)

Flowering is going swell. No interuptions in the light period (although about a week ago, a certain somebody came in and decided to show somebody the girl in her slumbering period!!! And what's better, left the friggen lights on! Argghh).

Broke a light the other day. It simply slipped and fell, broke. :(

She's sucking up more water than ever. Each night, the soil is nice and dry. No noticable recent nute burns yet. Good, good.

Nothing smells like sweet ole mary jane, yet. My last year's cab grow smelled sooooo much, and it was only a 1 footer or so... I wonder how my big girl is going to smell? I'm thinking I might need something to filter the smell. It could get quite intense.

Out of all my clones, only one seems to have grown crazy fast roots. Like, this clone has surpassed all the others by at least 10x. I potted about 4 or 5 more clones that had grown roots out of their cubes.

Anybody else get a little paranoid that some police agency might be keeping our posted pictures as evidence for a possibly future raid? Eeek... :joint4:

Happy growing, y'all!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

MeNtAlPaTiEnT said:
Anybody else get a little paranoid that some police agency might be keeping our posted pictures as evidence for a possibly future raid? Eeek... :joint4:

Happy growing, y'all!

i thought that was the whole point to us posting pictures only on the forum rather then using imageshack or something like that.

May 23 08

More pictures. It's interesting to be able to watch a plant grow by the pictures.

C'mon and devlop me that THC, baby!

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic4.jpg

Update May 23 08

AhhhH!!! Weird little maggot-worm-like things crawling in the soil. Bad??? I think so! I'm gunna see if I can scoop them out. They are tiny and are white and crawl like little worms.

Looks like I have an infestation of these little creature things! But so far, they havn't proved to be any sort of pest. I wouldn't assume these things are in any way beneficial?

I'm gunna do a little research about creatures in the soil. Thanks for any help.

Edit: Ahhh I'm really bad with insects and bugs and whatnot... I keep feeling like they are crawling on my neck or arms.. Eeekk. Apparently, these could be called nematodes, beneficial in the decomposition of organic material and the recycling of nutrients in soil.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Update May 24/08 (Day 18 of 12/12 Cycle)

The stuff I bought didn't seem to be killing the little buggers so I decided to go all out and just scoop as many as I could. I damaged a little root mass in the process but I'm sure she'll be A-OK. There wasn't really much, they stayed on the upper-most part of the soil and wetting the soil caused them to emerge from hiding, making it so easy to get most of them. They seemed to be pretty harmless. They munched on a few tiny leaves that were touching the soil. I wonder what they were...

Decided to add some information on the grow for any interested growers out there. The temperature specs are not exact. They normally change a degree here and there as the weather outside also has an effect on temp and humidity.

Room Specs

Lighting
----
Number of CFL's Being Used: 6
Number of Bulb Reflectors: 4
Wattage Per Bulb & Lumens:
Bulb 1 - 42w - 2850 Lumen
Bulb 2 - 42w- 2850 Lumen
bulb 3 - 45w - 3000 Lumen
Bulb 4 - 27w - 1600 Lumen
Bulb 5 - 27w - 1600 Lumen
Bulb 6 - 15w - 950 Lumen
Total Watts Used: 198
Total Lumens Emitted:12850 (presumably less due to light leakage through cracks and especially the entrance)

Daily Temperatures
----
Daily Average Temperature & Humidity Inside Box During Night Cycle (without fan): 17C - 48%
Daily Average Temperature & Humidity Inside Box During Night Cycle (with fan): 13C - ?%
Daily Average Temperature & Humidity Inside Box During Day Cycle (without fan):32C - 85%
Daily Average Temperature & Humidity Inside Box During Day Cycle (with fan):25C - 55%

Miscellanious
----
Witdh & Height: ?
Time Taken to Build: 6 Hours (I'm a slow worker)
Cost of Materials: $70.00

Plant Specs

Nutrients
----
Nutrients Used During Vegetative Growth: MiracleGro All Purpose (28-8-16)
Nutrients Used During Flowering Growth: MiracleGro Ultra Bloom (15-30-15)

Miscellanious
----
Germination: Cup of water
Age of Plant: 101 Days as Of May 24/08
Days of Vegetation: 83
Days of Flowering: 18

pic1.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

Nice info on the last post. Everyone should do that. Sorry to hear about the maggots/worms. Did you find out what they were? And also when did you know it was a female.?.

Hey mr.stoner, na I never found out what they were. I believe my application of bone meal and blood meal had caused them to be attracted to my soil. I've never had to deal with these kind of pests before. Luckily they didn't seem to cause any damage. They just wriggled around in the soil when disturbed and just chilled out when not disturbed.

I knew my baby was a female about a month into growth when she was in my room under two 42 watt CFL's. She showed two sets of two white hairs near the top while she was still vegging. I was excited! Out of the three plants I started, I luckily got 1 female. I got lucky!

Update May 27/08 (Day 21 of 12/12 Cycle)

Some shots of the stuff that will one day get me high!

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pice3.jpg

Some truly great results using cfls. Very nice job. Keep the updates and pictures coming my friend. Take care and be safe.

Update May 29 08

Some more quick shots. I think she's looking alright.
I have a clone in there as well. See what she might develop. Wouldn't mind using my single cola flowering box I built the other day.

I am glad I can still access the old pictures and save them. I am currently unable to get into my big picture folder. I locked it and can't unlock it now. Juuuust great.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

Update May 31/08

No signs of those little white creatures in the soil. Good, good!

There's gotta be over 40 but sites on this baby. Good thing I built a large enough box to hold her.

Installed a door with hinges. All I need now is a fan that I can actually place inside the grow box. I've been having an oscilating fan blow into the box. Perhaps I could cut a hole somewhere for the fan...

Absolutely no aroma/smell as of yet.

The cola recieves only minimal light, mostly from escaping lumens from the surrounding bulbs. I should have topped her when I had a chance... Oh well. I'm really just going for the shoots.

pic1.jpg

pic2.jpg

pic3.jpg

pic4.jpg

pic5.jpg

pic6.jpg

pic7.jpg

Latest posts

Back