My 2nd try at a grow. micro grow

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
no i pretty much just meant im paranoid lol and dont want a knocked up alice lol.. ya i figured id give it another week or so alice might be getting the axe by then anyway..

Yo G you've got a nice fat FEMALEthere mate;)

Good to see you back too.

BTW I have extremely good news, my JTR survived and is back to growing frosty as buds:D Ive also started a few seeds I may put a journal up soon.

hey WM thanks for stopping by. ya shes getting there thats for sure! Damn just goes to show you how tough these plants are.. you def gotta get a journal going again man.. are they still out in the bush?

ok also.. Does anyone recall how long it takes to veg + flower a long flowering sativa? im creepin up on 90 days old total and been on 12/12 from seed alice is a slow one... just want to make sure

Ya TS guess im alittle stoned right now , meant to ask how long flowering would take total in a long flowering phase for certain sativa.

my bad haha thank you tho on the info just wanted to make sure seeing she was never veg.

Some can take up to 14 weeks, some only 9 like my JTR.

Remember starting on 12/12 dosent mean you start counting then, start from when she showed her bits:hubba:

If she does end up bein a 14 weeker, without a doubt it'll be worth the wait.Good things come to those who wait;)

Depends on strain. My Purple Powers have an 8 week flower period, and it is mostly sativa. I have one in my flower room right now and it is 7 feet tall. What a pain in the a** indoors, maybe that is why it is an outdoor strain lol. CH

well i went out and bought a 400w hps bulb then i was in the process of putting a reflector on my overhead CFL's on alice and was cutting some of the metal to make it bigger with a razor blade knife well it slipped and went into my hand had to get 7 stitches lol could see the bone.... and no i wasnt high either lol... try to get a pic of it on her soon heh

anyways long story short taking the 400w hps back tomorrow and sticking with CFL's... i dont have the resources to start an HPS grow like i wanted to a decent ballast is 100 bucks.. ... maybe sometime in the future.. until then its more CFL's! thinking about getting acouple more exhaust fans and cranking up all the bulbs to 30w'ers and adding acouple more.. want to get around 20k lumens of CFL's

isn't it amazing how the shock of the experience and the sharpness of a razor sharp blade seem to take the pain away LOL

it happens, ya start bleeding profusely, and then your like wholy crap! i need to go to the emergency room!

don't worry, it will only be sore for a month or so hahahahahah

glad to hear it was a simple fix man.....there's a lotta tendons/muscle in your hand.

I would advise that if you want to move into HID's that you just save your money GG. by the time to upgrade the CFL stuff on your above list your going to be at half the cost of an entry level 400W HPS. HTGSupply has a 400watter with balast and reflector for only a hundred bucks!

you can vent the hood yourself by getting one of these:

DIYventREF.jpg

yup in about 3 months im gettin my 400w hps set up that exact one now =)

i went and took the HPS bulb back for now and upgraded all my CFL's that wernt already to 30W feit electric 2050 lumen 2700k bulbs and added one more.. im now at 17,000 lumens total.. a total of 8 30w CFL's and one 15w mini bar.. cant find my loupe! soo im lookin pics later...

Hey man!! Sorry i not been around, been busy and, of course, getting high :D

Hows it goin? Alice is looking great.. keep an eye on those trichs - they can look like they're done in some lights but not in others. My sativa on my first grow went REALLY milky white, it was so noticable :)

Be interesting to see what that clone does, it may take it may not. Who knows ;) Also don't worry bout the male, i think Alice is so far into flowering it shouldn't make a difference at all.

Not sure on the male, it could just be new growth, but keep an eye on it.

I bought some Lowryder #2 seeds and have 2 germinating right now :D I can't wait...hope they turn out ok hehe

Take it easy :D

I agree with Allgrownup, and make sure you have some cash for a HID setup. There will be some expenses in exhausting the heat out of your room with some fans. I cheap out on fans and it is a constant battle to keep my room cool. Especially now that it is getting warm outside. Check out some grow shops and hydro stores, find the right one and you can find all sorts of used goodies like fans, ballasts, lights etc. CH

Thx CH. i just decided to stick with CFL's for now there rly easy to get and there rly cheap... almost at 20k lumens now alice is rly starting to fill in..

there cheap when you buy them one at a time or in a pack of four or six......but when you add up your total cost GG i GUARANTEE your over the price of a cheap 400W HPS that emits approx 50k lumens.

the cheapest ways usually end up costing the most in the long run ;)

lol.. i want an HPS trust me i do. but i just dont have the funds to get it all right now. and with all my CFL's i hardly notice my electric bill.. plus i have like 3 times the recommended lumens for my square foot.. im good man =)

if you don't go down and get an HPS tomorrow i'm going drop by and kick ya in the balls :chuck:

J/K hahahaahahah:48:

Latest posts

Back