My Old Fart Grow 2012

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Went fishing yesterday. Hooked into this one while tossing a gitzit toward shore. My first big Largemouth in a long long time.

18 inches.jpg

Albert Walker is a Star!

1. NL#5 and Albert Walker looking good under the sun.
2. Urkel and Pre 2K Blueberry trying to catch Albert.
3. The two Purple Diesel, loving these two.
4. A view from my seat in the garden.
5. The Whole Garden.

Anyone use molasses in veg? I am getting curled leaves on some of my plants. The brother is also using molasses and he is getting MAJOR curled leaf, especially on the grow tips. He is nuting his plants too, but different that what I am using. We have cut the molasses out (so far) and have seen some improvement. Anyone have any information on this Molasses use in veg?

a Albert and NL5.jpg

a Urkel n Pre 2K BB.jpg

a Purple Diesel.jpg

a view from the stool.jpg

whole enchilada.jpg

I only give the girls Brer rabbitt (unsulphured molasses) 2nd week into bloom (or as soon as they tip up nice nad proper :) )

That quite the forrest yual growin there any indiginous folk livin in them woods ;)

Mighty fine lookin tc yual do well.

BWD

Oh I like yur shore lunch up top too what he weight look solid 2 pounder maybe little less but just right fur the skillit ;)

BWD

TC, I am SOOOO jealous of your outdoor garden. What a gem! One day ill have soemthing of that caliber. Great job!

Mucho Mojo!
Drfting07

BackWoodsDrifter said:
Oh I like yur shore lunch up top too what he weight look solid 2 pounder maybe little less but just right fur the skillit ;)

BWD

That thar bass took 18 inches on my measure stick, BWD. Honey is fryin' it up now. Gonna be some good victals.

Thanks guys for stoppin' in. Girl is gonna blush... all them nice words. :eek: Nobody mentioned my bush in years....:eek: :eek: :eek:

7Greeneyes, I have the unsulfered type too. Never used it in veg before, as my bible says to use it in flower. I am not growing alone so some settlin' has to happen to keep the peace. Since I poor it, gonna be lots less now, like next to nuthin'. Thanks for sharing your use of the molasses. At least I learned how to spell it now.

Excellent Ray, just the info I was looking for!

:confused2: never knew that molasses was acidic, now I'll have to start being more vigilant...

+rep for ray jay :)

Never even considered that, ty so much ray jay. now persunig the interwebs sounds like it can drop it almost 1-1.5 ph levels/points.

tcbud said:
Had to take a pic of the first PICK of the season!

AK 47 a few amber for the 4th!

:holysheep: "SWOON"!!!~

:D
1. AK47, lots of amber on the lower leaf, not so much on the buds.
2. NL#5, no amber on her, this is the only plant I can't see any amber.

I am loving not having to worry about Frost/Freeze and Rain while these girls finish. I can totally understand now the wonder of waiting for Amber and Joy of growing indoors.

Puasurfs, that AK was good for a nice racy daytime high.

I am now planning to take the AK second weekend in October. I hope that will be long enough. I have four friends gonna come up and participate in taking all nine AK in two days (I hope). They are putting it down on the calendar and so am I. One of the girls just wants to see how it's done and I am gonna put all of them to work trimming.
:D :icon_smile:

1 AK 47 at 9 wks.jpg

NL#5 8wks.jpg

beautiful....just beautiful TC :)

Have a good week. :ciao:

1. NL#5
2. The Old Time Moonshine LST. Growing faster, or looks like it, than anything else out there.
3. Pre 2K Blueberry
4. Purple Diesel on middle and left, right NL#5.
5. The Extended Garden. Added 5'x20'. This will let the girls get some air and me some room to walk around when they get larger.

I had a bit of a thrips problem. Nipped that in the bud with some stuff we had left from last year. Gave two sprays a week apart and whoosh, no more thrips so far. May to another spray twice more before they start to flower, we shall see.
:D

We are having a heat wave right now. Temps over 100f daily and night time now steady in the 50-60f's. These are the overnight temps I have been waiting for. The garden grows best here with the 50f's to 60f's over night. I am expecting them to take off! We really have to lay on the water to those smaller pots (15 gal) as they dry out every day it seems. The others (45 gal smart pots) hold the moisture better and are still getting some water every day.

We extended the garden and the girls look so much happier. No place for rattlers to hide now either, I have had the cinder block removed. Nervous nelly is now wearing shoes outside now too and looking carefully where she steps.

NL#5.jpg

LST OTM.jpg

Pre 2K BB.jpg

2 Purp D n NL#5.jpg

extended garden.jpg

Good idea wearing shoes, better safe than sorry! 45 gal smarts...those are some big babes there, you'll have monsters soon!! :ciao: and :48:

Your garden looks great TC. Please wear shoes...big boots up to your knees...sheesh, that would have scared me.

The girls seem very happy. More mojo.

Latest posts

Back