Noobies first grow, hopefully i can change my name soon

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
cool, i will step up the nutes a little and not use them with every watering.

i put them in larger pots yesterday and they grew 2 inches overnight!!! they look much better. i will post pictrues later today, i think they are already in flowering. there are buds all over now and TONS of little white/redish hairs. the plants look the healthiest they ever have and i now have the lumens maxed out for my grow room. all my big lights are in and i am only getting up to 80 degrees. when i post the pics i will ask what you guys think as far as "if they are indeed already flowering and how long they have to go as far as an estimate" i dont want to over flower them, i know i have a ways to go.

here are some new pictures. i have noticed a few leaves are yellow and pretty wilted but the overall plant looks great. should i trim these leaves away to get more light to the green leaves or are these yellow half dead leaves still doing there part?

0116071654.jpg

0116071658.jpg

You can always give it a dose or two of your Veg. nute which is higher in Nitrogen until the leaves are yellow enough that when you give it a little tug it pulls off. If it dosn't come off with a tug then it still has purpose. The Veg nute will almost shoot green through the leaves immediately 1-2 hours after application....................:cool:

Hey dude, whassup?

Yeah, nutes and soil. I think it depends how much nutes were in the soil to start with. When I did my outdoor garden the soil had enough nutes that my landscaper (who's into organics) said I wouldn't need any the first season!

Those leaves look so weird for N def though. Usually the leaf turns completely yellow then may brown. Not all follow that pattern and N deficiency does hit the lower leaves first so I'm not excluding it. It also follows what you are saying.

If it is N def, they are right, the color will come back. I have treated a N def with foliar feeds + root application and never seen it come back in hours, but you can expect to see a result in 1-3 days. The color will go green from the center on outwards and you'll see a dramatic uptick in growth rate.

I'd say Pot takes more nute than my other houseplants only because I am going for volume and quality but I've never used more than 1/2 str even at maximum. I am using the same nutes/str for my clones I'm doing soilless.

Hey Noob, I read your grow journal so far and awesome job. I hope I do as well. Let me ask you about your lights? Did you use a mix of 6,500K and 2,700K lights from the very beginning? I thought it was best to use 6,500K during veg and 2,700K during flower. I'm just getting started and I was planning on using only the blue bulbs in my veg chamber.

bojok/zarnon: the overall plant looks great, there are only 2-3 leaves that have the yellow in them and a couple on the very very tips of the leaves. the rest of the plant is dark green, my camera is REALLY bad.

new green thumb: thanks for the link, i have looked at that before but i cant see the hairs/calyxsis etc well enough to determine how far along they are. maybe i will get off my *** and get batteries for my camera and quit posting them from my phone for everyone to see a lot better.

theyorker: i sent you a pm with an answer so this thread doesnt get highjacked over lighting questions that are already everywhere.

Hey Noob any improvement since the last post. Was it nitro. def? And did it work out with your overflowering question?

night501 said:
thats why i love my little home made chamber. i dont have to worry about size cause if it starts to outgrow what i have i can add on for $4. i have a chamber made out of flat white foam paper laminate.
Hey N501, that sounds cool!! Do you have a picture of it?

Noob, Well Done!!! Any updates on your plants? How are they doing?

the plants look fine, its weird how only one or two leaves are yellow, they eventually die in a few days but the plant continues to grow at a good rate and looks really healthy. i will wait a little while longer and post close ups of the buds forming and maybe then someone can tell me more about the maturity. i think i am on day 50 something overall.

after a couple days of being gone i came back to find my two plants with a few dead leaves and a lot of red spots on the upper leaves. is this just because they were left without water for 3 days or do i have some sort of other problem? i am going to water straight H2O for the next few times to try and green them back up. they are packing on some buds though, i;m getting excited.

i now have brownish to sometimes purple spots and some whole edges of leaves. i have some big buds forming but the overall plant looks worse. most of the plant has litle spots on it. i am now mixing miracle grow at 1/3 strength which is only a 1/5 of a teaspoon into a gallon of water. am i getting nute burn or not enough nutes? please dont die on me right when the goods come. :confused:

aaaa.jpg

forgot to mention, i use nutes about once every three waterings. i am watering every other day. i do spray bottle nutes onto the plants every couple waterings as well. could the little spots be the lights being magnified by the water droplets burning the plant? that wouldnt explain the purple edges on the top leaves though. the top leaves are worse than the bottom. plant is about 3 inches from the lights. they dont seem to be growing a whole lot but they are packing on bud like crazy. my room has a good aroma to it now.

Noob84 said:
after a couple days of being gone i came back to find my two plants with a few dead leaves and a lot of red spots on the upper leaves. is this just because they were left without water for 3 days or do i have some sort of other problem? i am going to water straight H2O for the next few times to try and green them back up. they are packing on some buds though, i;m getting excited.

I went to the Virgin Islands few years ago and left my plants going in vegi stage with 500w's and 24hours of light. I lost 3 plants, and the others were F'd up a while. They did get red spots on them. So lack of water might of done it along with too much heat maybe?

Hey Noob, if that miracle grow is all purpose than it is 24-8-16 and during flowering you want to decrease (n)nitrogen and increase (p)phosphorous and (k)potassium. Also I would recommend you stop foliar feeding them while in flower as it will affect the taste, trust me nitrogen tastes pretty nasty when smoked and burns your throat too, and spray only every couple weeks during veg. Remember some yellowing is normal during flowering.

its bloom booster, 15 nitrogen, 30 phosphate 15 potash

Ok, then try to reduce your nutes and wait until you see some defiencies. Also try to lower the nitrogen as the flowering process goes on. It will be much easier to flush. How about some new pics on that sexy lady.

Latest posts

Back