Airborne and gmo Tandem Grow Top Dawg Seeds GMOxGTH

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Day 21. I drained 3g from the reservoir and topped off with 5g of fresh nutrient solution at week 4 veg mix, along with hydroguard. Fresh solution @ 64f, pH6.08, 950ppm (includes calimagic @ 3mL/g).
Res after top off: 65.5f, pH 5.85, RH 65%, temp 77f
20220331_095713.jpg
20220331_095723.jpg

I have some yellowing on the lower sun burnt leaves. Everyone has been transplanted into 1 gallon pots now. Just water and cal mag for a couple more waterings then back to nutes.
I got a new bigger humidifier for the veg tent. The old smaller one could only keep about 45% humidity. This one seems to be doing the job.
Temp at 78 lights on and 74 lights off, rh @ 55%.
image.jpg
image.jpg
image.jpg

@Airbone looking good!
I got a bit of that same sunburn on my lower sets of fan leafs on 4/5 of mine. They seem just fine now that I backed the light intensity down a bit.
How long of a veg period are you thinking? Gonna do any training or topping?
I bent 3/5 of mine over today by hand (no twisty ties) just to open them up a bit. I think I'll top several of them in the next week. They are all growing pretty short and stout without much stretch. I will also probably be pulling the runt as it is starting to get covered by the canopy of the other plants.

I will be topping in about a week or two, and maybe one more time depending on how they grow. I do a little LST when I am watering.
I usually run 8 weeks veg time then flip but I will keep mine on track with yours.
I think yours will get bigger faster in the hydro set up.

I will be topping in about a week or two, and maybe one more time depending on how they grow. I do a little LST when I am watering.
I usually run 8 weeks veg time then flip but I will keep mine on track with yours.
I think yours will get bigger faster in the hydro set up.
No… don’t flip just cause gmo is flipping. Flip when it’s time to flip. It’s the end product not the time it takes right? Ok y’all got some kinda grading system 😂 fastest biggest mostess? I want to see the best you can do in soil and hydro. Does it cost about the same to grow in hydro? We need one of those grading sheets y’all are using to follow up 🙃

Thanks for stopping in @SubmarineGirl !

I've grown extensively in both hydro and soil, sometimes concurrently. I find that they costs are about the same when all is said and done -- buying new soil vs replacing airstones and water pumps, etc. Everything seems to even out. I do find that I enjoy hydro growing MUCH more than I do soil growing for a few reasons: Hydro is way less messy than soil. I find that it's much easier to "dial in" hydro grows. I like to tinker. There are some downfalls to (my) hydro grows as well: It's hard to remove male plants. I've had costs associated with chilling the reservoir. I feel that I get the best results if I'm hyper vigilant and check my growing conditions daily (a plus for me, but surely a downfall for many others).

I do know for a fact that plants grow quicker in ideal conditions in hydroponics. It will surely be fun to watch as @Airbone and I grow in such different mediums. He has certainly proven that he can grow well in soil!

My last grow (I-Tre95) had a 60+ day veg cycle because I went out of town and needed time to let the plants rebound before flipping to flower when I returned. This grow will NOT go that long. Looking at them now, I'd say they'll get a 6 week veg period with some light LST and a topping or two.

Stick around, I think you'll find this to be a fun journal. There's absolutely no competition involved; we're doing it because we both love what it takes to grow good weed!

Day 25. What a difference a few days makes! They seem to have hit a major stride and are becoming bushy, bushy plants. Another week and they'll likely start some upward stretch. At least 2 of them will get a topping this week. You can see the one plant in the lower left has started receiving some LST. It's definitely the most aggressively growing in the bunch, which leads me to believe it'll be a male -- time will tell.
Temp 77f, RH 60%, pH 5.82, reservoir temp 65.5f
20220404_101405.jpg
20220404_101438.jpg

Wow!
Those have taken off!
I will post mine later today but they aren’t that big!

Reactions: gmo
@Airbone one of mine (back right in my pictures) is growing very similar to the one you have posted in your first picture. It's actually one I have my eye on as a favorite right now :) nice node spacing, good vigor, looks like it's not as indica dominant as the others.
Looks like your ready for some LST! Let the fin begin!

@Airbone hmm, I was just digging through my seed collection and saw that I have a fresh pack of Fam95. Did I send you some of those? Can't remember. It's GOOD stuff, and probably my favorite that I've grown in the past year. I had tried to take clones and didn't get any to take root. 2 of the 3 I grew I would consoder to have been 'keepers'. The third is fire, but didn't yield as well as I would have liked.
If this tandem grow goes well, would you be interested in hunting the fresh pack with me?
Also have a lead and a bid in on some very interesting strains. I'm paying a pretty penny, but if I win the auctions I'll have some other stuff that we can possibly toy with digging through.

Do one of you have the light closer to the plants? Or is it just a different kind of lighting?

Different kind of lighting.
I have a spider farmer 4000 in there,
And gmo has a mars hydro FCE8000

@sharonp as Airbone mentioned, I am using a Mars Hydro FCE8000. I just moved the light up today. It's sitting 18" above the canopy at ~85% power.

Latest posts

Back