Gifted Bag Of Mixed Bag Seed :-)

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Dubbaman

A few toke's a day.
Reaction score
well i had a few people over last night and one of my friends said his new job is one that does drug testing by suprise and on the spot so hes not going to be smoking anymore and hasnt for the past few weeks while he was in the application process but he gave me a bag-o-seeds that hes had from any bag that he thought was killer (looks like hes had them awhile it was almost a qtr o nothing but seeds) but after ive gone thru them and picked out the cracked, black, premie,split, and chipped ones out there were tons left ( so i wont be hurting for any for a long time lol) and i went and took out my 4 hopefulls see what you guys think and if at all possible let me know if any of you have had strains that started from seed that may have looked like this ( not that i can really go by what a seed looks like but they are all striped so my hopes for a good strain is high) im not germing them just gonna stick them in some soil in 8oz cups for the first few and see whats up

keep an eye out ill try to update this post only on them with pics problems and anything else i can

Picture 5.jpg

Be forewarned bro...you will get a hermie outa the bunch...inevitable. but bagseed is a lot of fun to work with. Typically tough...wierd arse phenos pop out. but don't ever run a bagseed with stable strains...unless your ready and willing to yank em up at the sign of a banana.

Mutt said:
Be forewarned bro...you will get a hermie outa the bunch...inevitable. but bag-seed is a lot of fun to work with. Typically tough...wierd arse phenos pop out. but don't ever run a bag-seed with stable strains...unless your ready and willing to yank em up at the sign of a banana.

huh odd though case the plants i have now came from bag seed still don't know the strains but i know the 2 bags i took them from ( 4 seeds 2 bags 2 seeds each bag and got 2 fems right off) are doing OK and Ive never seen a banana on them though they are shifting back to flower after a couple of weeks back in veg so i didn't lose the clones i took from them but as always your input is valued and always welcome

and believe me if i see any bananas they are out, i love the ladies, it will never be a sausage-fest in my box lol

Good point dubbaman. but there is a thing called a "late flowering hermie" I've seen strains toss a naner in the last week of flower. Just a heads up. Bagseed is a crap shoot. but again. I've had some GREAT phenos from bagseed. :cool:
But I've also had the plight of a grow room from one too.

well we have a winner in the big sprout race of the 4 i put in i have one popped threw tonight (got to stand and watch most all of it it was like i could see it grow LOL) but its out im still watching for the others looks odd to it came out with its first set on top of the coytles ( i think thats the term) but it was one week to the day it seems to be if i started this on the 28th and today is the 5th Sept has 30 days and yup thats 7 sorry for thinking out loud on you but just being sure :) :clap:

ground breaking.jpg

A little MJ seedling..... Just got 4 soaking today for a new grow.......Wish mine was cracking the surface.

Good luck on your grow. Is this going to be a journal?

PB:)

hey thanks for popping in PB it seems like it may just turn into one ( mabey Mutt or someone can move me over there) and thanks for the GJ on the bean i didnt even soak it just picked a few and ploped them in the soil now its time to sit back and :watchplant:

went in to see how everyone was feeling today and to my suprise i have another sprout poking about in the family one last night and one this morning 2 out of 4 not bad 50% i went and did a light dusting of the top of the other 2s soil and didnt see squat went in a little deeper and found the beans still sittin there so i dont think that they are any good (prolly too old stale bean you know) so i took them and tossed them out the cups and put my soil back in the box (clone and seedling)but this will be a total of 6 plants i have now 2 flowering 2 clones (1 month from rooting) and now 2 sprouts so its should be able to be an ongoing grow now LOL

well sprout 2 came through 2 days ago but is just now standing on its own and when i found it standing there i noticied something kinda strange with the newest memeber of my gardening family :holysheep:

oh and if one of our fabulous mods would be oh so kind as to move this thread to the grow journals part of the forum it seems that ive started one here and now im going to keep it thanks in advance

Picture 1.jpg

Pot Belly said:
Hey - A little seedling popping up its head. Good luck.

PB

yup sure did and this one has more heads than i was expecting :eek:

yeah it did come out with the 3 cotyledons so im interested to see how this one goes

well here the baby triploidy (i think thats the term) is just 3 days from its appearence and i can see that its first 2 sets of fans are coming out with the trio also (good cam broke so these shots are web cam sry) but my question is has anyone ever raised a 3 legged plant before and what may i encounter along the way many more questions about it too but they are way down the road still but will include things like breeding ?s eg if bread with another would it be possible to make that a dominant feature (and a way to increase yields) etc etc but for now as it seems that this will grow with every set being 3 im real curious as to what may come

Picture 2.jpg

Triploidy - That word has several meanings.......... I think that's what MJ growers call it when it turns out like your three leafer.........

TBG had one of their 'Stoneybuds' do the same, check it out in their journal..........They may shed some light as to it's productivity if you ask them there.......

PB:)

hey PB yeah i did read that in there on his grow (thats where i got the term for it i couldnt remember where i seen it)

:holysheep: its been another week so i figure its time for my update not alot has changed for the little ones this week other than being on their second and 3rd sets of fans had a scare the other day the little tripod got knocked off its pearch and fell on its head :eek: but seems to be doing just fine the sides and tips are starting to show a little burn ( i think its from the MG being in the soil still that istarted them in) but that shouldnt hurt becasue its moving day tomorrow or the next (moving them into 12qt/3gal containers till they are ready for the 20qt/5gal potters they will go into them once they are ready to go into the flower box :)) but other than that all is well :D

you can also see the ONA machiene that i built in the DIY section of the forum
[thread=17337]MYONAMACHINE[/thread]

side by side.JPG

tripod.jpg

P.S. can one of the mods please move this thread over to the Grow Journals section of the forum ( this way i may have an easier time of finding it) Please and thank you i now owe you a :bong:

Latest posts

Back