pcduck's first DWC

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Only real expense is a good air pump, worked your flow rate out in litres,,, DAMN MAN,,, did you really need one so powerfull?, read andy uses one slightly smaller.
Marine type shops over here dont seem no cheaper to hydro shops on pumps but can get one that flows around 3000 litres an hour for £130, do you reckon that would do 6-8 5 gallon buckets?
Havin an arse of a time finding black ones with a lid too,
As long as outside light proofed shouldn't matter bout colour should it?

Newbud said:
Only real expense is a good air pump, worked your flow rate out in litres,,, DAMN MAN,,, did you really need one so powerfull?, read andy uses one slightly smaller.
Marine type shops over here dont seem no cheaper to hydro shops on pumps but can get one that flows around 3000 litres an hour for £130, do you reckon that would do 6-8 5 gallon buckets?
Havin an arse of a time finding black ones with a lid too,
As long as outside light proofed shouldn't matter bout colour should it?

I went a little bigger than needed for 6 buckets, but I tee off them to aerate my next batch of nutes. Yes I think Andy's does 2700 liters/hr while mine does 3600 liters/hr. So your 3000 liter/hr should be right on with even some extra.

The black buckets and lids were found in a horse livery type of store. Do you have anything like that around you? They don't have to be black just light proof. My buckets and lids are cheaper than what it would have cost for the tape to light proof it b/c paint does not work on plastic.

Have to have a look, should be something, surely a proper plastics paint would work? no?
Small problem if it comes down to it i guess, cheers for ya help fella

Newbud said:
Have to have a look, should be something, surely a proper plastics paint would work? no?
Small problem if it comes down to it i guess, cheers for ya help fella

I tried the special paint for plastic. Did not work, moisture just peeled it away

O well surely tape cheaper than paint. Could always wrap sumet round it?
Cheers dude

the nutes will just eat the paint away. Have you ever spilled pH down before? It peeled the floor paint right off my basement floor. Then I had to bleach the spot and sand it just to get paint and primer to stick again. They ain't lying on the bottle where it says "if swallowed call poison control immediately"!

I try not to spill stuff. But was thinking of maybe put down that material that they use for rubber roofing. I wonder if that ph down would eat through that stuff?

Never spilt big amount but i have grabed a bottle of ph up that had a little on the edge with some ph down on my fingers lol.
Felt some strange bubble feeling on my fingers and could here it but no i'll effects.
Gave me a good idea of just how bad they are though lol.
Hadn't taken that into consideration when thought about painting, i'm thinking just use tape or reflective sheeting or sumet

Well I was trying not spill it but sometimes I get too high and forget where I put stuff. Not sure if that stuff will work or not, the best protection is prevention.

Newbud, here is a link for you. replace the xx with tt.
hxxp://cgi.ebay.com/6-Mesh-Pot-Net-Cup-Fits-5-Gallon-Buckets-Hydroponics_W0QQitemZ200325492088QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item200325492088&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50

Nice one man but it seems the uk market behind the times, uk googled it and uk ebay and carn't find f all.
By the time i payed shipping to buy em from US it just not worth it.
Stupid damn UK needs to get with the times.
Good product that though, nice quick fix for the issue, nice one man

BuddyLuv said:
hxxp://www.hydrohobby.co.uk/product/buckets_and_lids/

Where do you find all this stuff? 1/4 of my bookmarks are from sites you have suggested.:cool:

:holysheep: the google master.
DUDE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! NICE 1.
You da man, man, consider them bought man thanx.
You wouldn't beleive how much i've looked either lol.:D

Thought i'd let people see a side by side difference between DWC and coco pots.
Same age clones and look at the difference :holysheep:
Pretty crap pics but you get the point DWC v pots.JPG

DWC v's pots.JPG

Seedling update: When I checked my seedlings tonight I discovered that one of my White Widows had died. I have no idea why but I replanted with another one....

Latest posts

Back