benny tests his new room with Subcool beans

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

420benny

Not lost, just exploring
Reaction score
I have been building my grow room for a couple years as I had time and funds to move forward. It will be lit up next week for the first time. It has been 25 years since I grew inside in a real "room". I mostly grow outdoors. The room is 9' by 7' with a 7 foot ceiling. Painted flat ultra white. 3) Lumatek 240 v 600s, 8" magnum air cooled hoods, 8" can fan with carbon filter. There is a passive 16"x16" inlet from an air conditioned room. The exhaust goes to a roof vent through insulated flex hose. 16" oscillating fan up high on a long wall and a tower fan circulating air in the diagonal corner. 2 of the 600s are side by side. The third one is over a 5'x32"x 10" high bed. I want to be able to run comparison grows between smart pots, plastic pots and unlimited root space in the bed. Should be fun. Oh, I plumbed cold water into the room, too. Well water, usually ph7
I was PMing Subcool about some stuff and he asked me if I wanted to be a test grower for him? :eek: I hesitated for a milli-second to catch my breath and said "Of course, I would love to". Last night I got a package of Qrazy Train and Honeymoon Mix beans from Sub. Talk about a generous guy. I am still amazed by the kind gesture. I hope I don't screw this up. Still not positive what and how I am going to start. I am leaning toward starting all the QT beans and grow them out, topping and cloning to find females. Hopefully the timing will work to put a couple girls outside as well. I also won 2 packs from another site by guessing how many beans were in a little jar. Pure guess, I only missed by a few beans. I got a pack of Crystal Throttle from mini and another pack of the Honeymoon Mix from Sub. It would be cool to grow out all 20 of the mix and see what magic comes out of it. That plan will have to wait. Here's a pic to get this show started. Of all the strain pics that Sub posts, I think my favorites involve his black Trainwreck. There is something special about it, I just can't describe it. I am hoping my cool fall temps will give me the color show I am expecting. Time to shop for a real camera. This could be the year I need it. As a side note, I have 10 Agent Orange beans started at a buddy's house. Some of them could end up in the room and hopefully 2 different phenos of it outdoors. We shall see.:hubba:

testbeans001.JPG

What an awesome guy for giving away seeds like that. Wish I had the money the get the free subcool seeds from the tude but just placed an order right before. Good luck with the grow. Looking forward to seeing the qrazy train.

Thanks everybody for the kind words and for watching. I am excited to get going again. Maybe I won't have the post outdoor harvest blues like I did this winter. Cuz, I can sit in my room and play, woohoo.:yay:
Did anybody notice I threw a pic in so one of you can't put up that special smilie?:hubba: :postpicsworthless:

420benny said:
Howdy ozzy, I am popping mine on Saturday. How are you doing yours?

I soak for 4 hrs then place in a wet paper towel.

Thanks ozzy. I meant soil or? My specialty is confusion. Bare with me, lol.

I use promix bn. moisten the soil mix real good I use ph 6.4 water with 1 aspirin and a drop for superthrive per gallon.

That sounds good. I am going with Roots again, maybe mix the coir version too.

WOW...Sub is the man...I to was lucky enough to be on the recieving end of his generosity! I have not heard of the Qurazy Train...but imagining a Querkle/Trainwreck hybrid??? Sounds nice! as does your grow room!!!

I know where your at benny! I was an outdoor guerilla guy for 20+ yrs, and got sick of theives, cops, and critters...lol...you'll find some excellent weed in your secret room...much better smoke than what you produced outside!

As far as germing for me...I soak for 18 hrs in an 8oz glass of distilled water and a cap full of hydrogen peroxide, and plant directly into a good seedling mix like FF light warrior. I burry the seed about a 1/4 inch and set it under floro's, and they sit ontop of a heating pad....I have had 100% doing it this way...I used to use paper towels, but I read about sowing direct, and increased my rates by 15 to 20%.

I can't wait to see what you do with this...if I can be of any help man, just ask. I do indoors in soil also...working on my 6th indo...I know there are others with much more indo experience, but if I can help you in any way man...well don't be afraid to send a PM.

Subcool needs to get some kind of reward for being the most giving man I have met...lol...and alot of folks were talking crap about him....I don't get it??? He is a stand up dude in my eyes! Can't wait to see what you make of your testers man!

Every hear the song wild wood weed?

I just smile sitting on a sac of seeds :)

A few seeds could start a movement you see..

Benny, since your a local. Cedar Groove Organic is stellar soil. HD carries it up here. Fortified with massive Microsoft compost, millions of pounds of flatware made with potato and sugarcane. $3 for 1.5cf

SS recipe, St.Helens ash added

your right LF. there will always be jealouse haters. subcool has a A+ in my grade book.

nc, I am in Oregon. Roots organic soil is local and awesome. Thanks, though. I agree, Sub is one generous dude. Screw the haters. Just petty jealousy. Ignore them, maybe they will go away.

420benny said:
I was PMing Subcool about some stuff and he asked me if I wanted to be a test grower for him? :eek: I hesitated for a milli-second to catch my breath and said "Of course, I would love to". Last night I got a package of Qrazy Train and Honeymoon Mix beans from Sub..

I also won 2 packs from another site by guessing how many beans were in a little jar. Pure guess, I only missed by a few beans. I got a pack of Crystal Throttle from mini and another pack of the Honeymoon Mix from Sub.

ha that's awsome Benny..
could you do me a favour and pick 6 random numbers and a bonus? :hubba: you seem to have some amazing luck currently ;) (does that horseshoe up yer arse ever give ya hemorrhoids :p)
;) :D

congrats man, that's sweet. look forward to seeing what's to come :)

Latest posts

Back