Auto's just for seed.

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Strawberry Cough said:
:yeahthat:

You are fortunate that you live in UK and can order seeds domestic mail where customs don't search.

And you are lucky you can get Bacardi 151 :p

:peace:

HippyInEngland said:
I just went into my greenhouse to check to see if any sex had shown on my other non Auto's and saw a curly leaf.

So after taking a closer look the leaf was removed and this is what I found :shocked:

Pic 1 and 2 are the curly leaf and pic 3 is the first signs of seed development on the Auto's ;)

Yuck!!

HippyInEngland said:
And you are lucky you can get Bacardi 151 :p

I reckon that is a high alcohol proof; I am not familiar with it. But I hate alcohol anyway. Kills brains cells and impairs judgment and encourages decadent behavior. In USA (actually Mexico in Tijuana by crossing the border) you can get something called "Everclear". It supposed to have an incredibly high amount of alcohol. I think 180 if I remember correctly.

HippyInEngland said:
Sigh.

Looks like I may have a battle on my hands starting.

I found another damaged leaf and a visitor.

The pollinated Auto's are starting to yellow as they use their energy to make seeds, I presume this is normal as I have never made seeds before.

Unwanted visitors are a huge disadvantage to growing outdoors. Another is wind-pollenation which can pollenate an unwanted male's pollen into your good genetics.

HippyInEngland said:
Well, what can I say .....

I went to the greenhouse today for the usual watering and feed and had a close look at the Auto's that were pollinated and saw no change whatsoever apart from the first signs of what looked like a little mould may be starting on the Auto AK47 that I had tried to pollinate so decided I had failed and chopped it.

As I was cutting it open to see if it was indeed mould I was flabbergasted to see a seed!

The plant had grown no fatter, the calyx that I was expecting to swell had stayed the same size so I was quite shocked to see a seed in it.

So I started prodding about and tearing the bud open with my fingers and popped 127 AK47 seeds out!

Shock does not quite seem a strong enough word to use, total dismay and elation.

Picture 1 is the calyx not showing any signs of a seed inside.

Pic 2 is the AK47 on the left and the Hindu Kush on the right.

In my excitement I forgot to keep taking pictures but took this one with the AK after it had its head chopped off :p

Picture 3 is the seeds I removed.

I am very pleased :D

I only had time to do the AK, the HK will have to wait until tomorrow.

Auto Ak seeds sell for £4 each here so I have £508 worth of free seeds :eek:

And thats from just 1 plant!

The seeds all look mature.

This took 5 weeks from pollination to getting the seeds.

I am quite gobsmacked :shocked:

If you are considering doing a seed run, it is a lot easier than you can imagine :farm:

I will post the Auto AK47 x Hindu Kush seeds up later.

I allowed 6 weeks for my seeds to go before I started taking them out as I saw them popping their pods. The success rate in germination is not as high as I wanted, and lots of weird genetics (I reckon not given enough time to complete development).

Next time I will not take any seeds out, and only harvest the seeds after the whole plant is harvested 8 weeks or 12 weeks - however long the plant takes. Whatever falls I will gather, but I learned a hard lesson from that experience.

HippyInEngland said:
2nd Auto chopped today.

This is the Auto Hindu Kush.

It was smaller than the Auto AK47 and I got 38 seeds from it.

These seeds interest me more because they are a cross of AK and HK.

A couple of the seeds look immature but I will still see if they germinate, nothing ventured, nothing gained.

I found six more AK47 seeds so I have 133 of those and 38 HK x AK47.

A total of 171 seeds :)

Worth £684 :eek: :holysheep: If I bought them.

Today I am a happy bunny :)

I hope if you have followed this from the start that you have found it entertaining, interesting and informative.

I have had great enjoyment and fun sharing my adventure.

This is my first ever attempt at growing my own seeds and I have learnt a great deal from it, we as growers never stop learning, I have now added another notch on my growing knowledge and if it helps just a single person along the road to true self sufficiency, then that is a bonus too :)

Incredible grow journal. Thoroughly done and documentation with tons of pictures was very enjoyable. I just spent last 1-2 hours reading through the journal and looking at all the pictures.

Thank you!

HippyInEngland said:
If you carried on reading you will find out this method failed for me.

Yes, I just finished your entire grow journal. I discovered you answered my questions already.

This forum is a living thing Strawberry Cough, stay long enough and read all new posts and you will see interaction of familiarity, not just names on a screen.

Names on a screen have no faces, that is a good thing in this illegal congregation of wilful minds who flaunt old laws.

Look deep past the surface and you will gain clarity of sight.

Only you have the choice.

One day you may understand what I type.

This Journal was done fore one reason only.

The more we can hide, the more we walk free.

Hippy.

HippyInEngland said:
This forum is a living thing Strawberry Cough, stay long enough and read all new posts and you will see interaction of familiarity, not just names on a screen.

Names on a screen have no faces, that is a good thing in this illegal congregation of wilful minds who flaunt old laws.

Hippy.

:cool: ...you know HIE...i understand that..and strawberry cough..took you to help me understand it..Ill be doing some autos soon:aok: Great job on yours Hippy..take care and be safe:bolt::bong:

Can the reverse of
"The more we can hide, the more we walk free,"
be true and the reverse also be true?
The more we walk free, the more we can hide.

Hiding in plain sight is a long recognized form of hiding.

Good Afternoon HIE.

HippyInEngland said:

Hippy.

You never fail to impress me HIE.
Thanks for all your contributions and energy in this forum!

What are autos? Auto-Flower at certain day? What's the attraction? Why did you say autos are good for the stealth grower? What does it matter?

Auto's start flowering with age, 12/12 light does not trigger it.

At roughly 14 days old from seed the males show, roughly 21 days the females show.

Auto's grow to a maximum of roughly 20 inches.

So can be grown and hidden easily.

HippyInEngland said:
Auto's start flowering with age, 12/12 light does not trigger it.

At roughly 14 days old from seed the males show, roughly 21 days the females show.

Auto's grow to a maximum of roughly 20 inches.

So can be grown and hidden easily.

Thanks. Does that mean you can grow under 24/0 and yet it will still flower? and even flower quicker?

Now I am considering ordering your lowlife AK 47 and producing seeds myself and then crossing with WW in order to try to make an autoflower WW!

How's the high on Auto AK47?

Strawberry Cough said:
Thanks. Does that mean you can grow under 24/0 and yet it will still flower?

How's the high on Auto AK47?

Yes.

The Ak47 is 1 of the strongest Auto's, it made my face numb and it felt like my skin was melting off.

High end Sativa effect mentally.

HippyInEngland said:
Yes.

The Ak47 is 1 of the strongest Auto's, it made my face numb and it felt like my skin was melting off.

High end Sativa effect mentally.

Auto AK47 has been causing me to do a hell of a lot of procrastinating lately.:D

Trafic said:
Auto AK47 has been causing me to do a hell of a lot of procrastinating lately.:D

oh Great :rolleyes: ...just what I need...more procrastinating...:rofl:

Trafic said:

This sounds then Indica-like.

Flowering under 24/0 sounds AWESOME!! A whole new kind of growing. Wow! I wish I had money. I would order some autos right now.

I would if I could, but I can't, so I won't.

Latest posts

Back